N75 valve

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Ok wat is this valve for ? lol ima new to this engine and why u ppl changing it? :confused:

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
inside a turbo theres a valve that controls the amount of exhaust gas that flows over the turbine. this is called the wastegate valve. the more the valve is open, the more boost can be generated. this valve is operated by an actuator that is driven pneumatically by the N75 valve (or the "wastegate bypass regualtor valve" to give it its technical name).

so basically, an uprated N75 will change the way that the wastegate bypass reacts to the signals from your ECU. some people change their N75 for one that reacts more slowly to the ECU signals and therfore creates a smoother boost curve!

hope this helps! :)

dan

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Yea cheers thats helped lol....is it worth changing u think and where can u get them from lol :whistle:

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
changing it for an uprated one can APPARENTLY give you around a 10bhp increase but i have not done any tuning on a 1.8T before so i dont know if this is true or not. and sorry i dont know who does them either. try bill @ badger5 maybe?

one of the 1.8T owners on here may be able to give you an answer on whether its worth doing or not.

i don't know whether if you're doing a re-map then you may be able to have the correct value in the eprom look-up modified so that the standard N75F performs just as well as an uprated one on a standard map? but that depends on the maximum flow that the standard N75F will allow and i'm afraid i dont know the answer to that sorry mate.

if anyone can give some more info on the standard N75 and whether its worth upgrading then i'd also be interested!

Last edited:

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
oh yeh forgot to say....

there are some different types of N75 too. F, J, and H. The F is the stock valve. The H and J allow more boost and for a longer period. the H valve is the best of the two

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
ive never seen conclusive proof that changing the n75 offers any benefit, in fact on sunday one lad had to have his changed back to the standard one to stop throwing an error code.

i hear of more people switching back to standard N75's after their 'J' or 'H' valve has caused their problem

not worth it IMO

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
a lot of companies who produce them sell them with the understanding that they can give you an "up to 10bhp increase". notice the word "can". if you look around then you will see this.
as i said in my original paragraph explaining the N75 valve, it can "APPARENTLY" give you a 10bhp gain. this is, as with many tuning mods, a manufacturers figure. as we all know, manufacturers figures often tell a different story to independent testing.

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
from the sound of it mate, i would say it depends on your current set up. its certainly something to try, but don't expect it to give the gains that the manufacturers claim. and remember you may even end up changing back to your standard F valve

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
mk4polo said:
alot of companies who sell them?!?!

they are a std vw/audi part.....

you are quite pedantic arent you!!! :rolleyes:

if you actually look at the market then you will see that companies sell "uprated" N75 valves. they are still made by vw/audi though. for example, the "uprated" N75 valve that ECS sell as a "race valve" is just the vag N75H

so :bleh:

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
danregs said:
you are quite pedantic arent you!!! :rolleyes:

if you actually look at the market then you will see that companies sell "uprated" N75 valves. they are still made by vw/audi though. for example, the "uprated" N75 valve that ECS sell as a "race valve" is just the vag N75H

so :bleh:

thats you told mk4polo. ;)

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Changing the N75 DOES make a difference. (On my cupra anyway)

The J gives more low down PSI, and the C gives slightly more high end PSI.

Going to try the F and see how it compares.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.