Nav guidance turn off sound

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
I know you can turn off the vocal guidance on the sat nav by going through the settings and switching off, however does anyone know of a quick way to turn off vocal guidance that is easier?

Sometimes I prefer to just follow the map rather than be told to turn left in 200 metres.

On my old A3 there was a button on the steering wheel (*), which I could set to a number of different things, which I always set to turn voice guidance on/off. So was wondering if there is anything similar on the Formentor, or a button on the map screen I have missed?

Thanks

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fencer60

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Thanks I'll give it a go. I did try using voice commands but probably did not use the right words.

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Also found this in the manual,

"Navigation announcements are not emit-
ted if the sound is muted in the infotainment
system."

May work if I hit mute while an announcement is being given, but may also mute the radio. I will have to test.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I just press the steering wheel volume scroll wheel when she speaks. Mutes nav voice but not radio. Sometimes have to be quick though else it'll mute the radio instead.

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
Only way I've found, is a two "button" press. When in nav screen, on the bottom left there's a menu button which is only visible when it detects a hand. Press that you'll see a volume slider, press the mute "button" on the left of the slider.
Have tried various voice commands but not the one above.

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
All great suggestions, many thanks. Can't believe I did not think of just turning the volume off when it gives a guidance message

Reactions: oldgitdave