Navigation auto-zoom?

Tell

Staff member
Is it possible (on a PFL Cupra Ateca with MIB2 high) to get the HMI map display to zoom in when approaching junctions?

Select a destination, put it on 3D if not... top left buttons on the screen under view, round split screen menu (A. in the diagram). Then head down to the right bottom side part of the screen where it might be showing yards, miles etc (that's current scale). (B. in the diagram) There is a box round that. That's the zoom level. You want the box highlighted in the themed colour of the car (ambient light colour). Mines blue, keep pressing till you get that highlighted... it's a toggle. That's now auto zoom.

20210717_100312.png

If you take a wander about on the map, tapping that again, pulls you back to your location and auto zoom.

If you got the right twiddly knob that is also zoom for searching the screen, going in and out. That's another version of Boyracers knurl. The trick down there is to get her to repeat directions again, press right button in.... steering wheel might do some of this stuff.

After that searching you hit b. again to get back to location and auto zoom on. Afraid you manually have to enable auto zoom each time... well I do. Keep a. on 3d.

Reactions: rafletcher

Tell

Staff member
That's because you like the techie experience lol.
Adverse to pressing steering wheel buttons 😉. This way you dont need the engine running. Although a right press on the steering wheel button will cause a repeat navigation message or left... One of the two or stab the infotainment right button if you have one.

We have to spare a thought for those with mib3 😄.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
As you use the steering wheel roller switch to manually zoom you will also see something similar to 'press for auto' which does as you want.
Does that work for the HMI display or just in the virtual cockpit. I don’t tend to use the VC display for navigation, it’s just too cluttered a view for me. I much preferred the Audi turn-by-turn dash display pre VC.

Tell

Staff member
Does that work for the HMI display or just in the virtual cockpit. I don’t tend to use the VC display for navigation, it’s just too cluttered a view for me. I much preferred the Audi turn-by-turn dash display pre VC.
Well I didn't recognize Boyracers way of doing it. Fairly easy the other way.

Highlight around B. It's on autozoom. No highlight, not on autozoom. Need 3D on.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
I tried today - but had forgotten the 3D. So whilst the highlight (blue in my case) showed up when I pressed, it didn’t take. Will try again tomorrow if I remember.

Tell

Staff member
Must be 3D... won't zoom if not. It stays on 3d till you toggle if off whilst auto needs to be set at the start of each journey... or during.

That's the horizon the blue line at the top 🤗.... people ask discovering they have a blue line 😉. Better rendered on the high units to the mib2 standard.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members