Mib2 High Map Updates and Standard Mib2 June 2023 is out now

Tell

Staff member
Mib2 High aka Seat Plus for pre facelifted:

It's out now for those that have navigation FeCs that allow. Follow the link.

For Mib2 Standard for pre face lifted Ateca (these are the non European export cars):

Last edited:

TNISWE23375

May 28, 2023
Mib2 High aka Seat Plus for pre facelifted:

It's out now for those that have navigation FeCs that allow. Follow the link.

For Mib2 Standard for pre face lifted Ateca (these are the non European export cars):

HI !

Is this usable for such a unit?

BR Tommy
20230529_124030.jpg
20230529_123937.jpg

Tell

Staff member
That's a mib2 high. It depends whether your navigation FeC allows it or whether it needs upgrading. Late mib2 highs came with the life time FeC, circa 2019. You can do a check in the section "Mib2 High / Seat Plus Map Update"

The table shows you what it's dated to by reading off the FeC. Failing that you find a retrofitter that can update the navigation FeC or use the Mib2 high toolbox:

Can be found under Mr Bonk on a Google

https://github.com/Mr-MIBonk/M.I.B._More-Incredible-Bash

I was using an earlier version of it with the help of @jpmedia

The other approach dependent on how brave you are is to update the software to 1447AIO.

It's in the mibsolutions database. Positive reports on that. Basically they took the final release of the mib2 high software, added all the FeCs you might want and added an update to Gracenotes so it's more up-to-date than the final release. That update you have to let run to the end if you opt not to install the toolbox whilst it's running you won't get the FeC update. It happened to one person. Don't want this, so it didn't happen. Conversation on all things mib2 firmware is on:

That's the firmware thread.

Last edited:

TNISWE23375

May 28, 2023
HI! Thanks for a fast reply, it is VERY appreciated.

I can see I have the code below. So that should be a so called lifetime access according to your information. Then it should only be a matter of finding the correct file to downlod. I hope it's correctly understood?

Secondly - I'm very impressed of the level of knowledge here.....;), wauv! 👍

BR Tommy
073000EEDB_EU_MIB2_HIGH_SEAT_Lifetime_Mapcare

Reactions: keezy and Tell

Tell

Staff member
Indeed it's just a question of correctly presenting the maps to the car.

They have out grown some SD cards. Historically 32gb was fine in fat32. Some don't give enough headroom since they are manufactured with different tolerances. In that case 64gb in exFat. Failing that a USB can be used in NTFS.

If windows you use 7zip to unzip and copy across. Mac users Keka and CleanMyDrive. Macs place Mac characters in the file which trips the mib2 high validation program to not recognise the map update since it fails. CleanMyDrive removes the Mac rubbish.

Really only FeCs (you are OK on) and the two above are the trip wires and getting it in the right directory.

Reactions: TNISWE23375

TNISWE23375

May 28, 2023
Indeed it's just a question of correctly presenting the maps to the car.

They have out grown some SD cards. Historically 32gb was fine in fat32. Some don't give enough headroom since they are manufactured with different tolerances. In that case 64gb in exFat. Failing that a USB can be used in NTFS.

If windows you use 7zip to unzip and copy across. Mac users Keka and CleanMyDrive. Macs place Mac characters in the file which trips the mib2 high validation program to not recognise the map update since it fails. CleanMyDrive removes the Mac rubbish.

Really only FeCs (you are OK on) and the two above are the trip wires and getting it in the right directory.
Hi Tell!

I ran out of hours/time - I hope within a copple of days I can report how it goes. I use a 64 GB SD-card, that should ensure a resaonable chance that it will work :cool: ....

Reactions: Tell

TNISWE23375

May 28, 2023
Hi Tell!

I ran out of hours/time - I hope within a copple of days I can report how it goes. I use a 64 GB SD-card, that should ensure a resaonable chance that it will work :cool: ....
HI @Tell ! Off course it worked - slow download, fast unpacking with 7-zip and into the car for installation. I must admit - no spectacular procedures done before, just started the vehicle, inserted the SD card and went into navigation, setting and "version information", tapping update - and after 6-8 seconds the miracle happened :) . Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Hello,
I have a Mib2 high Ateca Europe version Can I install morocco map on it?
thank you.
The subject has come up before but afraid for the mib2 high the cartography for "rest of the world" (RoW) doesn't cover Morocco... so no publishec mib2 high maps for Morocco.

MIb2 standard maps are available but you haven't got that. Also say if you were in Australia which is Row the FeC in a European import needs yo be changed using the mib2 high toolbox for RoW. That's come up before.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.