SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

przebiegly

Sep 4, 2021
Poland
the firmware is different depending on the HW version for you, officially the newest is 253 and unofficially you can put 516 there, but you need a special procedure

Reactions: RpMs
Mar 11, 2023
I have what is said to be a MIB2 entry in my facelift.
5F0035871B
MEN2_EU_SE_P6170L
v7060
Odbeleven claims there is a v7200.
I have issues with the bluetooth functionality,
How do I find the newer sw? There only seem to be a MEN2 file for polo.
Hi , pls tell me how can i update a men2… version of software and where can i find that?

Feb 28, 2023
the firmware is different depending on the HW version for you, officially the newest is 253 and unofficially you can put 516 there, but you need a special procedure
Hey,
Thanks again.
the procedure is re-wtiting VIA python over 516 SW to adjust from skoda to seat ?

Mar 29, 2023
Hello guys.

Been updating car, Software and Nav using information in here.

Done software and Nav.

But can´t install toolbox. https://github.com/olli991/mib-std2-pq-zr-toolbox

Says

"Variant conflict"
"Medium: device doesn't support this (MainUnit: variant)"

REF : 5F0035877A
HARDWARE : H50
FW : 0516

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0516T

Have Gem 4.11

From what i searched in small comentaries without much information, toolbox doesn´t work with hardware H50.

Is that true?

Tks

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Hi All
I have Just got a 2019 Leon xcellence plus And have spent the last two days down so many rabbit holes ( Threads) I thought my head would implode!!
I have several things I have wanted to find out and feel that each request is in a different post/section. So I will post my main question here nut, on the off chance someone knows will post the other questions as well.

Main question
MIB
Hardware H50
Software 0514 standard MIB2 device

I gather the latest version is 0516t
From what I have read it seems fairly simple (I am using windows)- format a SD to fat 32 transfer the files into the root of the SD.
Insert SD into the slot, run the engine and then update.
Sound correct?
Is it worth going from 0514 to 0516?

Other questions

Sat nav update.
6P0919866CD
I am guessing that I have an outdated version of sat nav as there seems to a version 1910.
I downloaded a file called "EU1_STD_1910.zip"

when I unzipped it it had a text doc named "1910_MP213-1240.x_EU1.md5sum.txt" and a maps folder
Is this correct- just doesnt feel correct to me.

Pretty sure that was a map update not a software update

If not could anyone point me in the direction of how to upgrade the sat nav program?

I had a map question , but that was thoroughly explained so that s sorted.

I am in the process of going through the posts on installing your own poi and speed camera alerts so will post there
But...
I seem to have read somewhere and I think it was was written by TELL that certain models wont do audio alerts for cameras.
Pretty sure it was MY19.
could some confirm that and if true how do I confirm that mine is MY19? is it simply the year it was registered?

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
One for the mib2 experts including @MIB-Wiki and @Chillout . In the UK TMC has been pulled from broadcasting, effects all VAG cars and all navigation systems using the data to show road works and re-routing. It is causing a certain amount of constilation across boards but not on the Seat Cupra one... probably using AA why. Briskoda etc are exercised by it.

There are two broadcasters in the UK of this data Traffic Master and Inrix. The question is whether it's feasible to configure VAG mib2 to Inrix.

Conversation going on here we got to this bit

I reckon if anybody is going to sort it out the knowledge is over on the Seat Cupra thread here. This question on whether the TMC LTN's (location tables) are actually in the maps rather than the firmware from above. Theory being TMC provider is hardwired in rather than being configurable to a different provider.

May 28, 2023
Hello, Iam new here. I have Cupra 5f 2018. :) i woud like update my MIB. and maps :). I have MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0468T so I can use theese two update from MIBsolution.one ? :) Only for sure :) Iam from Czech and my englis is not good :) so sorry :)
1685303211514.png

Tell

Staff member
Hello, Iam new here. I have Cupra 5f 2018. :) i woud like update my MIB. and maps :). I have MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0468T so I can use theese two update from MIBsolution.one ? :) Only for sure :) Iam from Czech and my englis is not good :) so sorry :)
View attachment 36912
How to do the map update is here. Follow steps 1-12. Take a back up, you need one file of your existing card for it to work.

For the maps the discussion is on this thread. The June 2023 release for the standard maps is out but you must pay attention to taking a copy before you start:

You probably got the 16gb card so you'd need to use a zoned release or buy the 32gb card and follow the how too above.

The firmware files are probably fine.

ads_uk

Apr 26, 2021
Leicester UK
Hi,
another newbie question. MIB2 High unit (all touchscreen version - no buttons other left and right rotary controls). 20 plate Ateca Excellence Lux. Believe this was the last version off this unit they installed before the facelift models came out. Currently running MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P01514T firmware. Maps are as per installed at delivery so I guess these could be updated as well. Is there reliable/safe way to update the head unit firmware or should i ask the dealer to perform it. Only asking as i find Android Auto does crash out from time to time and needs a head unit reboot to fix. Thought later firmwares might be more reliable. Map updates less of an issue for me as I tend to use google maps anyhow. If it's a simple SD card process then great.

thanks.

ads_uk

Apr 26, 2021
Leicester UK
Err ok. I'll get some further info about the head unit model and revision and post back. Thats what it came with from the dealer... Thanks
Here's what I could find.

System Information:
Device Part Number: 5F0035877
Hardware: H50
Software: 0514
Navigation Database: 6P0919866AF
ECE1 2018/19
SHIELD: SHIELD 2016-44 (build 309)
Media Codec: 5001.0.0.1
Bluetooth Version : C300
Full Link: 5001.462.0.2
Radio Database Version 1.10.3
USB Surfstick Version: 5001.462.0.0

From the Service Menu

Software Update

Installed SW train version: MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0514T
Installed SW MU version: 0514
Part Number 5F0035877
Hardware Version: 5F0035877
Software Version H29.344.59_STD2Nav_EU

Hopefully that's enough info to work out what it is and what it's running.

thanks

Tell

Staff member
That's a mib2 standard from the 514 software and the 1030 maps.

There is a 516 firmware update if you feel the need. The mibsolutions link on this thread. Map update:

Make sure you take a copy of the card before you commence the map update since you will require one file off it.

This text:

Steps:

1. Download the latest standard MIB2 maps
  2. on the infotainment go to settings, safely remove, sd1 card
  3. remove sd1 card from glove box slot
  4. long press on the on / off to reboot it a couple of times
  5. insert sd card in to computer
  6. copy and paste all contents to a directory on your computer
  7. Format the SD card keep it as fat32 and leave format settings as default in file explorer (don't forget to push the card lock mechanism to off) (ditto in a MAC or delete all from the SD card)
  8. Copy the new downloaded map version to the SD card (after unzipping it)
  9. Replace /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with the one from the original SD card
  10. eject the sd card (on a MAC run CleanMyDrive on the SD card - then eject)
  11. Inserted the card into the card 1 slot in glove box whilst infotainment is off
  12. power on and go to navigation
Mac instructions apply.

Latest maps here:

I wouldnt update the firmware, your question if you have no issues.

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
hi everyone
I have the same problem as several other people here
I tried to ask the question at home (French forum) without success! I try here.
I have a 2017 seat ateca, I wanted to update the firmware of my multimedia unit, I updated gps navigation map without any problem.
But the firmware of the "MIB" ??? i don't know ? which unit i have ? mib1 ? mib2 ? other ? no idea .
I had access to the site /mibsolution.one/, but I don't know which firmware to choose and what method to apply?

thank you for your help

5QA035846A
H30
ECE1 2017
SCHIELD 2016-03 ( build 020 )

Tell

Staff member
That's a general leave it alone. It's mib2 standard from the firmware, 359. That's a 3 train. You can't jump trains well to another train, like 5 which would be 516. Like a honey pot people see it.

There are ways but it's generally thought not a good idea. You can stay within train, study mib solutions for a higher 3*.

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Hello,
what a disappointment! I was so hoping ....
so, do you think it's dangerous to switch from my old original version to a recent one?

Tell

Staff member
It generally gets a thumbs down if you read back posts. Retrofitter offer a service where they open up the unit to do it. Unlike mib2 high which have a continues update trail. Mib2 standard doesn't so it's only within train. You find a post where they have been successful. Quite a few not where they are told to revert back.

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Hello
sorry for the delay , problems with my pc .
ok, I'll stay with my original version MST2_EU_SE_ZR_PO0359T
and not take any risks
thanks

Jul 5, 2023
Hi so I want to update my software and I have been lookin on mibsolution but I can't find the correct one for my seat leon.
I cant find for the MSTD_EU_SE the firmware on that site

My info
Software Update

Installed SW train version: MSTD_EU_SE_P3311
Installed SW MU version: 0425
Part Number 5F0035846A
Software Version H15.10.136_STDNav_EU

I can't seem to find firmware for MSTD for seat.
I did find firmware for VW, Audi and skoda in the pre MIB2 folder
But no seat.

If anyone would be so kind to direct me to the right folder if there is a firmware update for my car.
thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.