SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Jan 19, 2022
Hi,
I have Seat Leon ST eXcellence (2019), does anyone know where to get update for the infotainment system? And how to update if I have no SDCard reader in the car? What is the latest version? I have constant Android Auto disconnect issue (different cables checked, also same issue with other phones), maybe update would help but don't know where to get one for my device, and if 0516 is the latest or maybe there is newer and link?
Info:
Device Number: 5F0035842A
Hardware: H50
SW: 0512

Tell

Staff member
Hi,
I have Seat Leon ST eXcellence (2019), does anyone know where to get update for the infotainment system? And how to update if I have no SDCard reader in the car? What is the latest version? I have constant Android Auto disconnect issue (different cables checked, also same issue with other phones), maybe update would help but don't know where to get one for my device, and if 0516 is the latest or maybe there is newer and link?
Info:
Device Number: 5F0035842A
Hardware: H50
SW: 0512
You need 515, 516 was found problemattic if you read on from there. People reverted back to 515, so I wouldn't bother. Just use 515. Slickric found there were problems from memory so went back to 515. These are end of line software for mib2 standard so probably the fix for 516 never came out ?.

Jan 19, 2022
You need 515, 516 was found problemattic if you read on from there. People reverted back to 515, so I wouldn't bother. Just use 515. Slickric found there were problems from memory so went back to 515. These are end of line software for mib2 standard so probably the fix for 516 never came out ?.

OK, but sorry, I'm new to this... how do I find the appropriate one for my car? How do I know what the markings mean? Like PQ vs ZR? Is it this one here: https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MST2 - TechniSat Preh/Firmware/SEAT_ZR and file: MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0515T.7z ? Does it make any difference if mine is Polish version?

Tell

Staff member
OK, but sorry, I'm new to this... how do I find the appropriate one for my car? How do I know what the markings mean? Like PQ vs ZR? Is it this one here: https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MST2 - TechniSat Preh/Firmware/SEAT_ZR and file: MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0515T.7z ? Does it make any difference if mine is Polish version?
The T at the end means it's production which us good. SE Seat. Etc.

I've cheated and looked at the conversation I had with Slickric... The one that's problematic is this.

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0516T

The one that isn't is the 515 one you found.

All updates are at your risk. It reboots a few times. Personally never done a standard one. You must keep the engine running during the process. 512 was known to have AA issues so people were told to go to 515. Slickric found that 515 was better than 516 so reverted back. Use a PC for the download, 7zip etc for the download. No it won't make a difference if your language is Polish.

Reactions: Cris0986

Rsjay

Sep 16, 2018
P-0515-T
Production -MU version-Technisat
Battery charger connected , ignition on ,engine not running....
swdl select all update takes less than 15 minutes.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Debating point is engine running 😉. A diesel isn't going to stall so Mib2 high I do with the engine running.... with electronics in the car these days connecting a charger can be problematic, so I do it that way round myself. I know I'm not going to get a loss of power.

Jan 19, 2022
The T at the end means it's production which us good. SE Seat. Etc.

I've cheated and looked at the conversation I had with Slickric... The one that's problematic is this.

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0516T

The one that isn't is the 515 one you found.

All updates are at your risk. It reboots a few times. Personally never done a standard one. You must keep the engine running during the process. 512 was known to have AA issues so people were told to go to 515. Slickric found that 515 was better than 516 so reverted back. Use a PC for the download, 7zip etc for the download. No it won't make a difference if your language is Polish.
Thanks. My car was in Seat service on Monday and now I see they updated the system to 516 cause I told them I had issues with restarting radio and so on, but the AA disconnection is still going for 516 so yeah, maybe it would be best to downgrade to 515, will it allow me to downgrade just as easily as upgrade?

Tell

Staff member
Thanks. My car was in Seat service on Monday and now I see they updated the system to 516 cause I told them I had issues with restarting radio and so on, but the AA disconnection is still going for 516 so yeah, maybe it would be best to downgrade to 515, will it allow me to downgrade just as easily as upgrade?
@Slickric21 did as I understand having found 516 to be problematic on AA. Don't really use AA but I did get effected by a poor lead once, so it's worth checking that if you haven't. Bouncing around can stress the lead.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Yeah I had problems on 516 with CarPlay disconnecting, just like it used to on 514.
Nothing else changed, same phone same cable.

515 I find to be much more stable in this regard.
However others I’ve spoken too on the Facebook Cupra group say 516 is as good for them too in that regard.

Jan 19, 2022
So I've worked with 516 for some time now since Seat service upgraded it and all I can say it's HELL! Constant problem with AA, either disconnecting every few seconds or not connecting at all or like today, it just showed black screen :/ once I had to restart the radio :/ It's so much worse than when it was on 512 :/

nameless

Aug 10, 2021
2 cars in 516, (one hardware h30 and other h40) and never had any problemwith this version, strange to hear that there are many problem with this version... not for me ath this time (cross finger) ;-)

Reactions: Tell and Rsjay

Sandeman

Jan 13, 2021
Hey guys / girls.

I am looking to update the FW on my MIB2. Currently i have:

5QA035846A
Hardware: H30
Software: 0359
MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0359T

on another forum someone mentioned i need version 369. Problem is that i can't find this version anywere, links are dead or simply not available. Can somebody help me out?

Tell

Staff member
Hey guys / girls.

I am looking to update the FW on my MIB2. Currently i have:

5QA035846A
Hardware: H30
Software: 0359
MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0359T

on another forum someone mentioned i need version 369. Problem is that i can't find this version anywere, links are dead or simply not available. Can somebody help me out?
See post 1130 just above. It's on the mib solutions link... mind you I didn't click it. Guest, guest is the password.

Sandeman

Jan 13, 2021
See post 1130 just above. It's on the mib solutions link... mind you I didn't click it. Guest, guest is the password.
Yes, that is the website i am familair with. But, cannot find the version 369 that someone mentioned :confused:
never mind, must be going blind. Found it right away, thanks!

Feb 6, 2022
I have what is said to be a MIB2 entry in my facelift.
5F0035871B
MEN2_EU_SE_P6170L
v7060
Odbeleven claims there is a v7200.
I have issues with the bluetooth functionality,
How do I find the newer sw? There only seem to be a MEN2 file for polo.

Reactions: Amirhafez

Tell

Staff member
#

image for uploads

This is my version. Which is the latest software for my infotainment? Also what about coding, adaptations and full link (CarPlay, AA) after updating?
Possibly 479T... see what other people say. You keep within the stream, you are on the 4 series. That's the last one shown on the link above. You keep whatever you had before as far as CarPlay, AA, map navigation.

Have a read around the thread. Will reboot a few times during a firmware update. You are suppose to keep a battery charger plugged in during the process but you can get away with the engine running. Loss of power during the update can / will compromise the unit.

Reactions: Giuseppe Busso
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.