NC 500

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Chris mentioned 6-8 cars max due to some single track roads (unless we set off at different times in groups and meet up at night)

Current List (add yourself if you feel like you would be able to make it)

@ChrisJKM
@Jimbobcook (Maybe Passenger)
@Maypack
@paddy6789
@Moody95

Fuel in a MK3 Cupra 280 was about £300
Hotels were £100 max per night with 4 nights in total (sharing would be key)
April Half term (Not sure if this differs between counties)

Be nice to make it so everyone has one passenger so fuel can be split etc that's if the driver wants a passenger haha

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I'm happy to have a passenger - but they'll have to act as a drink holder too, as I don't trust the awful ones in the car :)

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Chris mentioned 6-8 cars max due to some single track roads (unless we set off at different times in groups and meet up at night)

Current List (add yourself if you feel like you would be able to make it)

@ChrisJKM
@Jimbobcook (Maybe Passenger)
@Maypack
@MXP2090
@paddy6789
@Moody95

Fuel in a MK3 Cupra 280 was about £300
Hotels were £100 max per night with 4 nights in total (sharing would be key)
April Half term (Not sure if this differs between counties)

Be nice to make it so everyone has one passenger so fuel can be split etc that's if the driver wants a passenger haha
The whole of the west coast side is pretty much single tracks so I'd say 8 at a max. I think the hard part will be pinning down dates everyone can go and tieing it in with accommodation.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
The whole of the west coast side is pretty much single tracks so I'd say 8 at a max. I think the hard part will be pinning down dates everyone can go and tieing it in with accommodation.

Ahhh just read up a bit lol. Half term. Could be pretty busy and hotel prices will go up.

Reactions: MXP2090

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Ahhh just read up a bit lol. Half term. Could be pretty busy and hotel prices will go up.

I said half term initially but I’m open to other dates. We will need to see what dates the majority can get off and work around that.

I feel a @Jimbobcook poll looming lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peller

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm open to pretty much all dates bar wife's birthday in June and wedding anniversary in October lol

Do you have some links to hotels you stayed at @ChrisJKM so we can check some dates for cheapness and availability?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I’d probably sleep in my car even though it’s a hatchback. Plenty of space for little old me... I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MXP2090

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
I'll just hunt them out. I find most of them through booking.com . I did it starting in Inverness going west coast first . Personally I think the other way would be better. We stayed in the seaview hotel in John o groats but personally that was the only bad experience of the trip and would say avoid it at all costs. Morven b and b was another one in Durness. The first night was supposed to be the gairloch hotel but we got diverted due to wildfires and ended up staying in Ullapool in the caledonian hotel. The last night we stayed in Inverness. So we started Inverness to Ullapool to Durness to John o Groats then all the way down to Inverness in a day. I've heard wick is a better place to stay than JOG.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
It looks to be an epic drive. I drive up to Ullapool a few times a year to catch the ferry to the Isle of Lewis.

One word of warning though! Please take spare tyres as the 19" wheels do not like that road! I've been unlucky enough to go through 3 over the years.

The A835 does seem be better this summer as I just returned yesterday with only one of those 'stomach sinking' thuds!

That aside I'd love to do it one day!

d3a5c4e4b3a2d824fe75298fea649ea1.jpg
83eb3b2fb1fc5e1524c22643227ccd24.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.