nead key help

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
my key was working fine this morning untill they was launch acroos the room and the chip came out ive put the chip back in but my imobilser light still flashing and want start and now my bats dying think the light may ave been left on but not sure.

has any one got a pic of the chip inside the key its on the standard key with fob not the flip one its just mine looks all green at one end dont know if its like that or sumits gone

also how does the chip work as it doesnt seem to conect to any thing does it just need to be near the key blade ofr somthing

davet175

wrx??? who are they?
Dec 2, 2007
hampshire
it is a remote sensor chip and has to be within about 12 inches of the reciever to work common in all current car and bike keys you cab take this out and put it back in without any issues. i suspect that the battery has takena knock and this can cause them to stop working.

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
it is a remote sensor chip and has to be within about 12 inches of the reciever to work common in all current car and bike keys you cab take this out and put it back in without any issues. i suspect that the battery has takena knock and this can cause them to stop working.

the batterys working the central locking but is the chip suposed to have like a green fluid inside well thats what it looks like but it dosent move

davet175

wrx??? who are they?
Dec 2, 2007
hampshire
the chip is generally and small black plastic piece with print on it and this is the code nfo they need to reset the chip imobiliser if needed
had to have mine rest under warranty

davet175

wrx??? who are they?
Dec 2, 2007
hampshire
i ahve just cracked open my key and it is the same green liquid with a small copper piece which is the transponder. have you tried to see if it goes off with your spare key near to the ignition?
it sounds as if the transponder has been cleared of info.

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
thanks for that
i didnt get a spare key with my motor so my cars dead but every thing is there do lc have some sort of dead time/time laps if youve tried starting it without chip will it not work when chips in

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
You didn't get a spare key?, the number of people who don't have on one this site is amazing. I'd be more worried about a spare than say, getting the car with 12 months tax thrown in etc.. Then they leave it until exactly the above happens and need one. FFS get a spare working key and keep it safe!

Good luck :)

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
i know i was lookining at gettin a spare but nether got round to it.

rang the stealers and they say i have to buy a hole new key as they dont sell transponder chips seperatly and get it coded and this will cost £150 and they need my car wich wont start and will have to be towed at more cost again

i dont get why its ****ed as the chips still in one piece and not cracked or anything i also read on hear that everyone is getting ebay keys and getting them programed do these work and how much does it cost for programing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.