Need help release cable for fuel flap

The Swed

Aug 24, 2017
Sweden
I wonder where I can find the release cable for the fuel flap, for our leon st, I think the solenoid is dead..

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
If the solenoid is dead and your fuel flap is locked shut, you'll have a horrible job trying to get it open.

Try to open/unlock a few times and see if you can get it to unlock. The solenoid might be on the way out but might work intermittently.

There is a guide on here somewhere about changing the solenoid. It does have to be unlocked though.

Hope you get it sorted.

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
I haven’t had the experience of the solenoid failure on a Leon, but had one fail on my wife’s a class when we needed fuel. Resorted to a good firm whack on fuel cap cover, which released it. Hopefully you got enough fuel to last before changing the solenoid 👍

Reactions: SuperV8

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Has anyone tried working out if you can fit the emergency release cord that Audi tends to fit to its cars, or does the filler neck or solenoid need changed for that to be possible.
I've noted down the part number for the Audi release cord - just in case I feel the need to fit it before I have a problem, but that task is still pending it seems!