Need some advice

Higgsy

Mar 1, 2014
Hi guys! Firstly i'd like to say a big hello to everyone, i have joined the Seat Cupra club with my first purchase of a 2005 LCR about 4 weeks ago.
I have been casting my eye over the forum for the last few weeks and learning alot about the car and how it all kinda works...
My last few cars never had turbos so this is all new experience to me! :)
I kinda need some advice if that is possible, here goes..

The LCR i bought is the BAM engine code which is the 225 version, the guy i bought it off said there was a few bits done to it so i checked out what had been done

- Forge d-valve
- Front mounted Intercooler
- JR open air filter
- Miltek back box

Can't tell if any of the other exhaust parts are changed, but don't look like it, so my first thoughts where "Has it been remapped?"
I take it down to my local revo garage JKM to put her on the rolling road and here is what i got

w w w .photo-host.org/rs
w w w .photo-host.org/ry
w w w .photo-host.org/rz

I'm a little shocked by the numbers, i've heard remaps on a 225 push it to 250/260??
The guy at JKM was very impressed by the boost curve and said it could be a Jabba sport remap?? But i cant quite get my head around gaining 14 bhp from a remap...
Please any help would be much appreciated :D

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Hi mate and welcome along to the club

The ability to tune a turbo car is massive because you can adjust boost levels etc. I've got a Leon Cupra not the R and even they can be remapped to give a Stage 1 increase of 30bhp and around 60lb's of torque just from playing with the ECU

With a non turbo car you can adjust fuelling accordingly but you're not going to get anywhere near the power gains that you will from a turbo car so the 14bhp increase is quite believeable if anything it's a little lower than it should be if it's mapped although it may have been designed to be smoother on the power delivery than normal I couldn't say for sure.

Either way, welcome along and I hope you're enjoying the car :)

Higgsy

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks alot :) I do have pictures i've posted on there, but i cant link them right yet untill i get 15 posts but i would like to hear from other guys with 225's and what they recommend with remaps and so on...

Thanks alot

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Anytime bud,

JKM are one of the best around and a trader on here.

If you were to stage 2 the car ie exhaust, Turbo Intake Pipe, You've already got the FMIC, Cat back exhaust not just the backbox, and the air filter you've already got then get the map adjusted to the new mods I suspect you'd possibly be around the 280bhp - 300bhp mark if you wanted to modify the car :)

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Get an oversized turbo intake pipe like Ryan said. When I got remapped the curve stopped dead at 255bhp because my forge TIP wasn't providing enough air, limiting boost. The tuner at r--tech said an oversized TIP would knock it up closer to 280bhp without even changing the map again. I wasn't entirely convinced it would make a massive difference until I stuck on my badger5 TIP and then put my foot down! Definitely should be on the to do list

Higgsy

Mar 1, 2014
Ahhh that's very good to know, I think it has the standard tip on it, where can I get this one from badger? Is there any other mods you could recommend that will help the car with handling/power . Thanks a lot mate

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
ZI'm looking at handling now so can't help you there really. A rear anti roll bar is a good start from what I hear. As for engine mods you could do with a decent induction kit, decent turbo intake pipe, full turbo back exhaust system or at least a decat mid pipe and a catback, or a pipewerx 3" downpipe and decat coupled with a catback to create a full system, a forge 007/8 and that lot will set you up for a nice stage one, throw on a nice front mount intercooler with the rest of them mods and you're good for stage 2. I'm no tuner but have been looking into this myself and am well on the way to stage 2 myself. Also google the n249 bypass. That basically stops the ecu dumping boost and wants to be bypassed before you get a remap

waynedunn1234

Aug 23, 2013
Ahhh that's very good to know, I think it has the standard tip on it, where can I get this one from badger? Is there any other mods you could recommend that will help the car with handling/power . Thanks a lot mate

a lot of people go for a uprated rear ARB and say it transforms the handling.

Higgsy

Mar 1, 2014
a lot of people go for a uprated rear ARB and say it transforms the handling.

I will deffo be doing this, im making a list of things to uprate at the moment and doing it as i go but i think the first thing by the sounds of it is a new TIP :) Thanks so much for all your replies guys i'm new to all this turbo lark so it all helps! :D
Seems like a great forum and great group of people [B)]

Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.