New alloys.. do i need new bolts?

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
Apologies if this has already been covered, I'm just not typing in the correct thing to the search bar..

Just bought some OZ Superturismo 16" 4x100 (2nd hand) and I'm wondering whether I need to get new bolts for them.. (Guy down kwik fit speaks on the phone to me about needing the correct washers and all that?????...huh?????)

Soo..I'm just wondering if i need new bolts, if I do.. does anyone know where to get them from (product code would help:))...

Thanks

(I'm bad with wheels :shrug:)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
there is different bolts to go with different bolt holes.

For the seat you'll need M12 bolts. Then the rim will need checking to see if you need tapered ones or not. This has the do with the shape of the bolt head which sits inside the rim.

This can be either rounded or cone shaped.

sorry for lack of technical names, I'm DUtch. Someone will be able to confirm proper english terms.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
btw, this is a picture of the OEM bolts for the standard CUpra wheels.

DSC01003.jpg

You can see the head (bottom part) is round.

Some rims require the head to be cone shaped

not checking this properly will cause 'play' on the bolts during driving, eventually causing them to snap off inside the hub...

big problem

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
hmm there may be, but i dont want to look a total ''d*ck'' when/if i ask for the wrong thing...

going to halfords means I at least have a a better knowledge than the people that work there, so can reprimand them and such :p

::edit:: A link to the correct bolts would be nice and easy :)

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
I think it depends if you have radius or tapered bolts.. if they're tapered you'll be alright (i think)..

that is exactly what I have been saying.

look at the 2 pictures...the head is different. this depends on the rims. I cannot tell you if the hole in the rim where the bolt goes is either tapered or radius...this is why I said have a look at the rim.

If you use the wrong bolt you can clearly tell by the fact that it doesn't fit properly (when the wheel is off stick a bolt in it and its easy to tell)