New Ateca

rkenny

Nov 27, 2015
Fife
Full price list has been published on Seat UK webste - link below:

Tried to post a link - not done 15 posts - so not allowed!

The factory fit options seem reasonably priced but disappointed it seems you cannot specify Adaptive Cruise Contol with manual gearbox - hopefully I'm wrong. Also no option of folding front passenger seat which I have found very useful on my last 2 cars.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Compared to the new VW Tiguan the Ateca is excellent value. Having brought a new previous gen Tig Mtach Edition back in October last year I have been interested in seeing what the Ateca and new Tig were like.

The difference in price is quite wide a new Tiguan SE 150 TDi 2wd is 27,280 and SEAT Ateca SE 150 TDi 2wd is £22,930. Spec is not too different either. I know the new Tig is slightly bigger but not worth over 4K for the extra size and slight quality improvment...

Also noticed that the lower powered and 2wd models don't have multilink suspension according to the brochure? Have to have 4wd to gain multilink suspension? Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
I'm not convinced that the multilink suspensions is a big deal. Leon FR owners have never said that it was a game changer. The larger brakes that you get on the more powerful Leons seem to be standard across the models on the Ateca which are worth having.

I agree, the Tiguan is much more expensive and if you put on all the extras it gets worse.

I have a 1.4ts Leon and love that engine. In Spain the Ateca has the DSG option on the 1.4 which I would want, strangely, it doesn't seem to be a UK option.

I imagine there will be some more powerful petrol options in due course, probably on a FR version. If you look at the engines on the Audi Q2 it might give you a good idea of what might be available soon.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I'm not convinced that the multilink suspensions is a big deal. Leon FR owners have never said that it was a game changer. The larger brakes that you get on the more powerful Leons seem to be standard across the models on the Ateca which are worth having.

Agree on the suspension, found it interesting a good way to keep costs down. I like the fact I can have a 4wd TDi Xcellence Ateca with a higher spec for the same price as a 2wd SE Tig. The new Tig also seems to have worse predicted residuals than the old one. After playing with the PCP calculator.

rkenny

Nov 27, 2015
Fife
I contacted Skoda UK to ask if it was a mistake that Adaptive Cruise Control is not available with manual gearbox models. They replied quickly, which was good. Unfortunately they confirmed ACC will only be an option with DSG models at launch. This seems silly since ACC is available from SE models up in the Leon range. I really would like ACC on my next car but want a manual gearbox. Looks like the Ateca won't be that car!

rambalad

Nov 1, 2013
Merseyside
Limtied UK spec

I want to order a 1.4 petrol DSG XL with Alcantara but SeatUK have seen fit to limit what we can have here that the rest of Europe can spec up. Can only have a diesel DSG and can only have leather which I don't want. So they have lost my custom. Wouldn't mind but the short details on their website mentions Alcantara but is missing from the downloads. Might get one from Dublin if it's cheap enough with a good exchange rate.

rkenny

Nov 27, 2015
Fife
Better choice on the continent!

Further to rambalat's post I had a look at the configurators in France and Germany and compiled the comparison below:

Engine/gearbox/options availability

UK

S 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual;
1.6 TDi diesel 6 speed manual
SE 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual; 1.4 TSi petrol 6 speed manual
1.6 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi DSG auto
X'L. 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual
2.0 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi DSG auto; 2.0 TDi 6 speed manual 4Drive - all 150PS
2.0 TDi 190PS DSG auto 4Drive

France

Reference 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual;
Style 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual; 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive
1.6 TDi 6 sp man; 2.0 TDi 6 sp man; 2.0 TDi DSG7 auto; 2.0 TDi 6 sp man 4Drive
Xellence 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual: 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive
2.0 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi DSG7 auto; 2.0 TDi 6 sp man 4Drive;
2.0 TDi 190PS DSG7 auto 4Drive

Germany

Style 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual
1.4 TSi 6 speed manual; 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive
1.4 TSi DSG7 auto 4Drive
Xellence 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual: 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive;
1.4 TSi DSG7 auto 4Drive

So what is Seat UK playing at?! The much restricted choice means fewer sales I'm sure. The choice in Germany is as it should be!

My own particular gripe is the lack of ACC availability in manual cars. In France and Germany ACC is generally available for only €200 or so.

I would love to know how Seat in the UK come to these decisions - they say they do 'market research' - maybe they should have a look at this forum!

rambalad

Nov 1, 2013
Merseyside
Further to rambalat's post I had a look at the configurators in France and Germany and compiled the comparison below:

Engine/gearbox/options availability

UK

S 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual;
SE 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual; 1.4 TSi petrol 6 speed manual
1.6 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi DSG auto
X'L. 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual
2.0 TDi 6 speed manual; 2.0 TDi DSG auto; 2.0 TDi 6 speed manual 4Drive - all 150PS
2.0 TDi 190PS DSG auto 4Drive

France

Style 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual; 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive
Xellence 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual: 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive

Germany

Style 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual
1.4 TSi 6 speed manual; 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive
1.4 TSi DSG7 auto 4Drive
Xellence 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual: 1.4 TSi DSG7 auto; 1.4 TSi 6 speed manual 4Drive;
1.4 TSi DSG7 auto 4Drive

So what is Seat UK playing at?! The much restricted choice means fewer sales I'm sure. The choice in Germany is as it should be!

My own particular gripe is the lack of ACC availability in manual cars. In France and Germany ACC is generally available for only €200 or so.

I would love to know how Seat in the UK come to these decisions - they say they do 'market research' - maybe they should have a look at this forum!

The Italians appear to have the best choice - my Italian isn't so good but they clearly show what model does what and for how much extra - they even have more models to choose from - Reference, Style, Advance, Business and Xcellence.

I don't understand SeatUK's treatment of us, every model is more or less made to order so it wouldn't harm, just the opposite. Would it be that adding leather makes them more profit?

rkenny

Nov 27, 2015
Fife
Interestingly, I have just had an e-mail from Seat Customer Relations saying the Adaptive Cruise Control will be available on the Ateca manual gearbox cars as part of a pack. So either they have had a re-think or it was a mistake all along. At any rate, for me, that puts the Ateca back in the frame!

The e-mail also confirmed some dates: available to order from Tuesday 3rd May and first customer vehicles and demonstrators to arrive on the weekend of 9 - 12 September.

Looking forward to trying a 150PS diesel manual when they arrive.

rambalad

Nov 1, 2013
Merseyside
Interestingly, I have just had an e-mail from Seat Customer Relations saying the Adaptive Cruise Control will be available on the Ateca manual gearbox cars as part of a pack. So either they have had a re-think or it was a mistake all along. At any rate, for me, that puts the Ateca back in the frame!

The e-mail also confirmed some dates: available to order from Tuesday 3rd May and first customer vehicles and demonstrators to arrive on the weekend of 9 - 12 September.

Looking forward to trying a 150PS diesel manual when they arrive.

I have emailed them myself but no response yet. I had a Golf on hire a few years ago with ACC. Didn't like it myself. I have lane control on my Leon now which is very good. Saved my life once after a trip up from Heathrow on a red eye flight. Cant see the point in paying extra for the speed limit sign function though when you can set cruise control.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
The better half's Kuga is due for replacement soon, could be an ideal replacement once pre reg deals are available. I'm very happy with the Leon so this should be equally as good.

rkenny

Nov 27, 2015
Fife
Seat.com - more info

I found a website that gives more information about the Ateca. I tried to post a link but I am not allowed! If you try seat.com/carworlds/suv-ateca/technology you might find it. It mentions Reference and Style models but is in English.

The website has headings like Technology, Accessories etc. For example, as a caravanner, I found it interesting that it says that the factory-fit tow bar is 'electrical release' I.e. it swivels in to view on the flick of a switch - much neater than my detachable.

The more I read the more impressed I am with this new car.

Last edited:

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
Reference and Style are the model names used in Spain and other EU countries. In the UK The S model equates to the Reference model and the SE is the Style. The top of the range is the Xcellence in both countries.

rkenny

Nov 27, 2015
Fife
When I contacted my local Seat dealer to register my interest in the Ateca, he said they were hopeful about getting a LHD Ateca before September to let people see/try it because there has been so much interest. Maybe you could ask locally if that is a possibility?

rkenny

Nov 27, 2015
Fife
Broker configurators becoming available

I've been keeping my eye on the broker sites - manufacturers feed them their model details as they become available. Broadspeed's is the first one I found that has a full configurator available. Amazingly, they have healthy discounts at launch - from £3000 to over £5000 depending on model. Hope it is not a mistake!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
What I need is a well specced, low emissions, good P11D value model.

Else I'll be sticking with my Qashqai

Decent spec & a 1.6TDi should do it...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise