New clutch. But low biting point?

Pedro012155

Mar 17, 2014
Hi recently replaced my clutch on my lc
Used a LUK clutch and slave cylinder from gsf

I've bled the clutch from the slave cylinder but the biting point is really low.

Any ideas

Thanks Pete

JamieF

Dec 16, 2014
Cleethorpes
The pump test was to see if the was air in the system, if there was it would of changed.
How did you bleed it? 1 man bottle with a 1 way hose, 2 man up down lockoff method, pressure bleeder or did you let gravity do its thing?

Is the clutch pedal damp or wet with brake fluid?
Has the flywheel been skimmed or replaced?

Pedro012155

Mar 17, 2014
No I didn't change the fly wheel.
I did the 2 man. Lock off pump then open method. I've done this 3 times now too
And the pedal is dry

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I think you need to pressure bleed on these cars or it can cause damage to the internals if you pump the pedal to bleed. I also believe the clutch is self adjusting and should sort itself out.
I recently got my car back from a gearbox repair and my clutch also had a low biting point, but after driving it a few days the biting point is much higher.

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Had my clutch and flywheel replaced 3 months ago and it came back with a stupidly low biting point and 3rd gear felt notchy, 3 months later reverse is impossible to.engage as is 1st and all the other gears require a lot of effort to engage and go in with a crunch, the car also moves back/forth when trying to put it in 1st/reverse and also creeps forward when in 1st and foots flat on floor! Had the system bled etc but no luck so having to replace the lot this week. This is an LUK dmf and clutch kit aswell!

Dont mean to scare you but sounds suspiciously similar to mine.. do you gear changes feel any different at all?

Pedro012155

Mar 17, 2014
Yea my gear box is notchy in most gears and does crunch in to gear sometime too. Reverse is the worse gear to get too.

I replaced my gear box at the same too too so I just thought I brought a duff gearbox

Do you recon it's a dodgy clutch kit?

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Had my clutch and flywheel replaced 3 months ago and it came back with a stupidly low biting point and 3rd gear felt notchy, 3 months later reverse is impossible to.engage as is 1st and all the other gears require a lot of effort to engage and go in with a crunch, the car also moves back/forth when trying to put it in 1st/reverse and also creeps forward when in 1st and foots flat on floor! Had the system bled etc but no luck so having to replace the lot this week. This is an LUK dmf and clutch kit aswell!

Dont mean to scare you but sounds suspiciously similar to mine.. do you gear changes feel any different at all?

I would lay money on that being your slave cylinder, probably got damaged when re-fitting the gearbox. When the slave starts to go there is usually either normal bite point or the bite point is below the bottom of the pedal so you can't get it in gear. Mine was very intermittent at first, sometimes it would happen once or twice in about 6 weeks and was almost impossible to diagnose as it would happen so rarely. Took 3 years for it to get to the stage where I couldn't get it in or out of gear fairly consistently.

Pedro012155

Mar 17, 2014
Struggle to get in to reverse but can't remember the rest will have to check later.

What clutch kit you reckoned I should replace with?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.