New Cupra

PlatCupraR

Ex Plat cupra R owner
Mar 23, 2006
South East England
Had my Cupra for about 5 - 6 weeks now, however I have one major issue nothing to do with the car just other drivers constantly wanting to race they either drive one inch from my bumper or when driving on dual carriage ways they feel the need to flash me out of the way. I might add that I have lent my car to my Wife a couple of times to make sure its not just me going mad and true enough the wife had the same complaints, I do not play their little games but has anyone else has simliar issue in the new cupra.

Cheers :confused::confused:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Did you not get the same in the LCR (going on your username...)? I find it happens all the time and you just need to rise above it.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Or just do what I do and slow down quite a lot, that really f:censored:cks them off. :funk: especially if they cant overtake you. Instead of getting worked up do a bit of reverse psychology, it works I promise.

Matt85

Feb 6, 2007
Bucks
Ye, same with LCR. Usually people with chavved up fiestas/corsas etc. Dont even bother with them. Funnier if you just go slowler sometimes.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Had the same thing when I have my Plat LCR 225. They did catch up but thats because after I left them in the dust I then pulled into a slower lane and gave them a :clap: wave after they sped past like the plonkers they are.

It just gave me a certain satisfaction to know they didnt intimidate me and they passed me because it was on my terms.

With my current car being a Smart 44 Brabus. People who dont know the car think it is slow, but has a 177bhp turbo engine and I have embarassed more than a few people in their so-called sports cars.

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
I find that after the remap, I can tease most people, the best thing is the surge of power at 80-90 mph in 5/6th gear, takes most of the tw*ts by surprise, you just need enough room to use the power.....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise