New Guage - Sneak Peak

Jonzy

Intake LCD temp guage.

Work in progress pics, did plan on having it cut into the card holder but the profile is too great. Gunno fill out the sides with some matching plastic. Then have to run the probe to the intercooler.

Backlight is indentical to the rest of the cupra's guages.

DSCF2904Custom.jpg

DSCF2903Custom.jpg

DSCF2900Custom.jpg

Looked simple, in reality took lots and lots of trimming of both the casing of the display unit and the PCB inside. Mucho swearing :lol:

Jonzy

Sampling rate is once a second and I belive it can read upto 150*c. Tested it to 90*c with hot water.

Wiring is simple, 12v switched live and ground. Then the probe is just a single twin core cable. Ive extended it because i need to route it round the bay.

Doesnt look that great in the photos, but its perfect size.

Jonzy

Yep, everything. R+B motorsport charge £50 for the same kit. You can get it all from maplins but the probe range is very narrow - 50*c max.

It was orginally going to sit where the handbrake warning light is, inside the instrument cluster. But couldnt get the cluster out and by the feels of it the electronics on the back are all one piece.

Jonzy

DSCF2909Custom.jpg

Filled in the gaps either side with some flocked plastic :) Just wire it into the dash!

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
Nice mate, now I understand why you wanted to get the dash apart, would of looked sweet there! How did you get the cardholder out in the end ? Im going to have to brush up on my fitting skills, we've got a Ferrari 360 Modena in for bits and bobs on monday, cant wait to start ripping it apart for its boot build!

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
hmm I thought I replied then! Uplands car audio/communications in Cardiff, work between two branches, North rd and Penarth rd

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
if any of you need any audio gear let me know, always happy to sort out seatcupra.net members with the best deals I can!