Xcellence Lux - 1 Month / 1000 Mile Review

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
So after nearly 300 miles over the weekend (car came from Salisbury, I live in Manchester) I have so say I'm seriously impressed. Very, very, comfortable car for the trip up the M5/M6. The LED lights are awesome, really bright. My dad says that they're about as good as the Xenons were in his old BMW 320d (a 2012 car). The ACC is amazing, makes for such relaxed motorway driving. I haven't quite found the right driving position yet, but I'm sure I will. The seat is comfortable, it's just a matter of tweaking the position until I get it right. It's a HUGE step up from my Fabia, especially in terms of handling and ride. Of course tech is miles ahead, but the Fabia was a mid-range SE and the Ibiza is a top-spec Xcellence Lux. The only tech thing you can't get in the Fabia which the Ibiza has is the digital dash. Fuel economy seems about the same as the Fabia was at this stage, which is what I was expecting.

And yes, I can't quite see the top of the dials, even with the seat all the way down! But I'm quite tall.

Reactions: LuM

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
So I'm now about 1000 miles in, still absolutely loving the car! Gave it a clean today in the sun and the red is really popping. I'm so glad I went for that colour!
Zd8rQjM.jpg

The fuel economy is doing great, and yesterday driving down to Wiltshire the ACC made life so much calmer on the motorway. I've noticed that the road surface makes a huge difference to noise levels in the Ibiza.

There are a couple of little things that I think the Fabia did better. The visibility is better in the Fabia, and I prefer the Skoda rubber boot pull thing to the moulded plastic of the Ibiza. I also think the Skoda had a better sound system. The headunit is definitely better in the Ibiza, but the actual sound quality and quantity is lacking a bit. I've played with the settings, following some recommendations someone on the UK Polos forum gave for the regular system in the new Polo. This has improved things, but I still feel like the volume is a bit weak. I've had it on full volume quite a lot and I think that's not even as loud as the very basic setup I had in my old 2002 Polo, which didn't even have speakers in the back doors!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Well, it's a lease so not an issue for me! But yes, it's gorgeous. Really good colour.

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
the actual sound quality and quantity is lacking a bit. I've played with the settings, following some recommendations someone on the UK Polos forum gave for the regular system in the new Polo. This has improved things, but I still feel like the volume is a bit weak

Could you go into this a bit more? I'm set on either an Ibiza (same spec and colour! ;) ) or the new Peugeot 208 when it's released. Haven't heard or seen anything about the speakers in the Ibiza, hoping they're good as you can't get any factory audio upgrades anymore!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I dunno, I'm no audiophile! I think that going and trying it out in a demonstrator is probably the best thing to do!

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
Only intrigued as the last time I got to hear the Ibiza's speakers was a MY17 in a dealership, they sounded great and had loads of bass without going into the settings. Could it be that it's not powerful enough to overcome road noise?

If it's bad enough I guess an underseat subwoofer is always an option :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.