New guy

Sep 14, 2022
Hi folks,

Just introducing myself, I'm a potential owner looking for some info, I currently drive a 2011 volvo c30 D4 5pot with a stage 1 map on it.
After selling my bike (ducati multistrada) I'm looking for a daily driver with a bit of brap, also I do love the cupras square-ish shape haha.

The c30 gets me around 42mpg or 46 on a long run (based on fuelly), so I'd hardly be dropping massively going to a cupra I hope?
What sort of mpg and range do you guys get on the normal day to day? Obviously that will change dramatically when the foot gets heavy haha.

What should I be looking for problems wise, I have seen the coil packs mentioned several times.

Thanks in advance!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Welcome. Which Cupra are you looking at? I’ve a Leon Cupra 280 hatchback stage 1.

I get low to mid 30mpg with a mix of both fun and economical driving (that’s what it’s for after all). I’ve compared the onboard economy readout to actual mpg and it’s within 2-3%, so it’s fairly accurate 🤷🏻‍♂️ I drive mainly in the city, short trips (20-60 mins daily) not many motorway miles, maybe 1-2 motorway trips a month.

I’ve encountered a couple of issues since I’ve bought it, but that’s simply due to the mileage of the car and wear and tear (I keep reassuring myself).

I think it’s an great all-round car for the city.

Sep 14, 2022
Welcome. Which Cupra are you looking at? I’ve a Leon Cupra 280 hatchback stage 1.

I get low to mid 30mpg with a mix of both fun and economical driving (that’s what it’s for after all). I’ve compared the onboard economy readout to actual mpg and it’s within 2-3%, so it’s fairly accurate I drive mainly in the city, short trips (20-60 mins daily) not many motorway miles, maybe 1-2 motorway trips a month.

I’ve encountered a couple of issues since I’ve bought it, but that’s simply due to the mileage of the car and wear and tear (I keep reassuring myself).

I think it’s an great all-round car for the city.
Hi,

I'm looking at the mk1 cupra r 220hp, that mpg doesn't sound too bad to me, what sort of tank range does that get you?

What issues have you had and how many miles/what year have you got?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Mines a 2015, so a mk3. 50L tank capacity gets me about 350 miles or so.

Timing chain, radiator, battery, front bushes, suspension level sensor, couple of engine seals and shock absorber needed replacing. It’s in for the seals and bushes as we speak. Vacuum pressure sensor wiring needed repairing too.

Sep 14, 2022
As nice as the new ones are I wouldn't be able to afford one haha.
A mk1 will be fine for me :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.