New here, not new to Seat.

Cheesy_wotsit

Jun 30, 2017
Traditional welcome is needed I guess.

Collected my 14plate Cupra 280 with 13,500 around a month and a bit ago. Looked to see if their were any advice forums and found this happy looking place. Anyway the car now has 15,000 on the clock so safe to say I am having fun with the car.

Last four cars have all been part of the friendly VAG group family.

A 3cyl petrol 02 polo with about as much power as my Dyson
A 56 Fabia Vrs
A 2.0L Ibiza FR

and now my Cupra 280 SC.

Is this the bit were I can ask some dumb questions? I don't have too many, honest!

- Been looking around the forums for the last month, reading stuff here and there, of interest just now is the one regarding tyres, I notice a lot of folk recommend the Michellin Pilot Sport 4 S. The tyres on my car look original and they are getting close to needing changed. I can only find the PS4S in 235/40/R19 the tyres on it just now are 235/35/R19. Not much of difference in the depth but I assume they are fine on the car. Maybe make things a wee bit quieter even?

- Any chance anyone knows the part number for that stupid little bit of plastic that goes over the rear wiper blade bolt, for some reason the one on the Cupra is different to the ones on the standard 14 plate Leons, either that or the parts websites I am looking at are just listing the wrong part. I ordered one that was recommended for the 5F Leon and it was just wrong.

- Suffering from door rattles, seems to be quite bad in the rear passenger side. Have looked at the posts on fixing this, not the first time, had to strip the door cards on my Fabia VRs to fix the dreaded leak issue they suffered from. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on doing the strip on the three door cars as the posts all seem to deal with the 5 door and the back panels look, awkward to get out.

Anyway Hi and thanks for any advice you folks can give us.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.