New Hybrid

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Its not my car it belongs to SEAT UK I just have it on loan for a few weeks. I have been using it in electric only around my city, doing 300mpg+ according to the screen.

On Friday I will be taking it on the motorway for a 2 hour drive so will have to use the hybrid setup.

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
OK, but does it have the DCC, how is the weight in the corners, things like this ?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yes it has DCC as I said on page 3 or 4. It hands very well considering its got a load of batterys in the boot.

If they did a PHEV with this battery + 3.0 V6 or V8 etc I'd own it haha.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
So I can confirm "boost" works even when the battery is showing 0% .

I have also found a software bug where it displays the speed limits as being 110 when in a 70mph section but displays them on the MPH screen as if its 110mph not kmh.

Reactions: Tell

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

I have also found a software bug where it displays the speed limits as being 110 when in a 70mph section but displays them on the MPH screen as if its 110mph not kmh.
We've got this PHEV car on Friday for a week after the 1.5 eTSI 150 estate we've got currently. You sure the car hasn't seen the 110 signs on the back of a lorry as my focus used to this this a lot.

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020

Yea I did a test drive and I saw exactly how it works, and I also can confirm what you confirmed :). Excellent car, I did some recharging with the petrol engine and worked very well.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
We've got this PHEV car on Friday for a week after the 1.5 eTSI 150 estate we've got currently. You sure the car hasn't seen the 110 signs on the back of a lorry as my focus used to this this a lot.

Nah its picking up the KMH equivalent of the MPH speed limits but then putting them on the MPH display. its done it in several different speed limit areas now. will report it to the techs.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Did a 260 mile round trip in the car yesterday. School boy error when I got to first destination forgot to charge the car up! so 2nd leg was all petrol and 6% charge haha.

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
And how was the consumption ? but with the battery empty you can stay in hybrid no problem so it should not waste a lot of gas

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Nah its picking up the KMH equivalent of the MPH speed limits but then putting them on the MPH display. its done it in several different speed limit areas now. will report it to the techs.

Mine reads the mph speed signs as kmh and then converts it into mph which then changes the predictive cruise control.

So I was driving in a 50 mph
Passed a road sign which the car then converted to set 31mph
Set cruise control to 31mph which really kept annoying the car behind be until I turned it off

50kmh = 31mph

It was also doing it when the speed limit changed from 50 to 40(but then setting it at 25mph)

It seemed to work fine after restarting the ignition.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I had a fair few situations where the ACC would anchor on and slow me down to 40-50 on the motorway when going past wagons/cars in lane 1 (I was in lane 2) that was quite scary. never had that on any MK3.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I had a fair few situations where the ACC would anchor on and slow me down to 40-50 on the motorway when going past wagons/cars in lane 1 (I was in lane 2) that was quite scary. never had that on any MK3.

That's the undertake prevention it should adjust it self for which side of the road your on, but I've had mine stop me overtaking cars. You can press your foot on the accelerator to override. Normally after restarting the ignition it relearns what side of the road it's on and then works correctly.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Was quite scary, didn't do it on the journey there just on the way back.

This type of thing deeply concerns me. The moment a safety aid becomes the opposite (e.g. the unexpected slowing on a motorway as cited above) it presents an unacceptable risk to other road users around the car and could cause an accident. SEAT either needs to sort this as an urgent priority or to disable it on every car until it has been fixed.

Reactions: Seriously?

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
This type of thing deeply concerns me. The moment a safety aid becomes the opposite (e.g. the unexpected slowing on a motorway as cited above) it presents an unacceptable risk to other road users around the car and could cause an accident. SEAT either needs to sort this as an urgent priority or to disable it on every car until it has been fixed.
I had constant problems like this where driver assist would start flashing on the dash when first turning the ignition on or suddenly when driving, I would switch the ignition off and it would reset.
I took it to the main dealers for them to check it for a fault and that’s when I was told of a recall for the control unit to be changed.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Looking forward to doing a 6 hour round trip in this car at the weekend haha

SLEON87

Mar 4, 2020
Does anyone know whether the 1.4 PHEV will qualify for the EVHS grant to help pay towards a home wall charger installation? Doesn’t seem to be on the approved vehicle list yet...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
hope they have hoovered it out, i left it muddy.
It may not be your one as I assume they have more than one lol but I'll keep an eye out for mud haha I would of had it earlier if we didn't have the estate first but it was a good comparison to have as I've got the Mk3 ST. Do you not clean it out before handing it back? Maybe just me (probably is) but I give it back how I received it which props to SEAT UK it's normally pretty clean lol that's the inner detailer in me :LOL::ROFLMAO: