New owner of 2.0T Fr

GazzFR

Hi,
Just bought an 07 FR 2.0T.My last car was a clio 197. Got to say very impressed with the performance of the car, but couldnt resist having it tuned. Just had Stage 1 done at JBS Chesterfield, and what a change! What an undiscovered gem these cars are and I am not looking back or regretting the change at all. Anything i should be looking out for on my car, its an 07 with 30k...Thanks,
Gaz

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Good choice :)

Have the camshaft follower on the fuel pump checked if nothing else. Common thing to have checked and there is info on the FAQ section about it.

Welcome to the site by the way and enjoy being lured down the path of further mods like exhausts, intercoolers, fuel pumps, intakes, suspension and other things that will make your FR go faster still ;)

GazzFR

Have the camshaft follower on the fuel pump checked if nothing else. Common thing to have checked and there is info on the FAQ section about it.

Welcome to the site by the way and enjoy being lured down the path of further mods like exhausts, intercoolers, fuel pumps, intakes, suspension and other things that will make your FR go faster still ;)

Thanks,
The JBS demo car (identical to mine) runs 350bhp....I asked what mods it had, and couldnt believe its still on standard internals. S3 Turbo, fuel pump and injectors etc....sounds expensive, not to mention the porsche 6pots!

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Defo check the follower mate had mine staged 1 at jbs and it ****ed up had to have it taken off 2days later

GazzFR

Defo check the follower mate had mine staged 1 at jbs and it ****ed up had to have it taken off 2days later

Is it a visual check that can be done by myself or is it best taking it back to jbs? thanks

GazzFR

Searched the FAQ's and it aint finding anything on the keywords..... Got me worried now. What goes bang if its gonna exire?:think:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.