New owner questions ACC/DCC/software

verde

Nov 6, 2021
Hi Seat people! Lovely to see such a nice community!

I have recently purchased a 10 months old Seat Leon FR 1.4 e-hybrid and I'm still trying to learn the ropes. Would really appreciate your input on some of my questions, I'm rather new in all this new world of gadgets!

I've had the car for a bit over week now (loving it!), purchased as an approved used from a Seat dealership with 5k miles on the clock. The whole thing was a bit rushed but overall I think it was a pretty decent deal, especially as the prices kept going up in the last months and I wanted to pull the trigger before the winter as I don't think my previous car would have made it.

From the research I've done on the various trim levels, I was pretty happy with the FR (First Edition I guess?) equipment list, however I have a few questions still

1. How can I find what safety and convenience pack the car is equipped with and hardware capabilities? Are they upgradeable?
My car seems to be equipped with ACC/DCC (what's the difference if any?) as it brakes by itself when approaching a roundabout/junction/etc and I also think it breaks when the car in front does too. Is emergency stop part of this too? Can't really test that without going in a relatively dangerous situation.
One more thing on the same topic, the first models are equipped with lane assist which my car does have as well, but they also seem to come as standard with blind spot detection. So far, on my car I haven't been able to find that option nor see the orange light coming on in the door panel.

2. Ambient lighting. I am aware that first edition models only come with a slim version of ambient lighting and no wraparound, however I noticed that when I unlock the car until I open the door, the ambient lighting in the doors is red, but otherwise when I try to adjust it manually from the infotainment system there is no color changing option, there's only a brightness slider. My question here is: do all models have the same hardware (LED strips) installed and is just a matter of getting the right software enabled? If so, did anybody manage to do it or change the color? Even aftermarket options.

3. Will any changes in software void my warranty? Is it worth investing in an OBD device?
I have started reading through the OBD thread and some of the things in there would be pretty useful to try and have, but I am not sure if that is likely to cause any issues down the line.

Any other tips and tricks, please write them here or DM me.

I really appreciate your help and input so thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Last edited:

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Congratulations on the new car.

ACC stands for adaptive cruise control when you have cruise control set it will follow the speed of the car in front if it's less than the set speed.

DCC is dynamic chassis control it adjusts the dampening depending on the drive profile and the road surface.

The slowing down as you approach roundabouts and other cars is a feature called eco assist it doesn't use the cars brakes it instead use regenerative braking to recoup as much energy as possible, to my knowledge it is on all eTSI and eHybrid Leon's.

Only First Editions came with DCC as standard in the UK and it's not an available option on other trim levels. If you have DCC you would have a 'comfort' drive profile and a DCC slider in the 'individual' drive profile

eHybrid First Editions came with Safety and Driving pack XL which included the emergency stop and Blind stop Assist

To have Blind spot Assist you would need to have the wraparound lighting, which was included as standard on First Editions. Wraparound lighting is the strip of light that goes around the bottom of the entire windscreen. If you don't have the wraparound lighting it's also likely it's not a First edition.

In Car settings (the car icon in the bottom of the screen) > Driver Assist in the side menu you should then see all the different assist systems fitted to the car with one of them being Blind spot Assist, there would also be a option for Adaptive Cruise Control

All MK4 Leon's in the UK are fitted with lane assist as standard.

From discussions in other threads the wraparound lighting strip is not fitted to cars without the option specified, the additional hardware would have to be fitted first.

Reactions: verde

verde

Nov 6, 2021
Congratulations on the new car.

ACC stands for adaptive cruise control when you have cruise control set it will follow the speed of the car in front if it's less than the set speed.

DCC is dynamic chassis control it adjusts the dampening depending on the drive profile and the road surface.

The slowing down as you approach roundabouts and other cars is a feature called eco assist it doesn't use the cars brakes it instead use regenerative braking to recoup as much energy as possible, to my knowledge it is on all eTSI and eHybrid Leon's.

Only First Editions came with DCC as standard in the UK and it's not an available option on other trim levels. If you have DCC you would have a 'comfort' drive profile and a DCC slider in the 'individual' drive profile

eHybrid First Editions came with Safety and Driving pack XL which included the emergency stop and Blind stop Assist

To have Blind spot Assist you would need to have the wraparound lighting, which was included as standard on First Editions. Wraparound lighting is the strip of light that goes around the bottom of the entire windscreen. If you don't have the wraparound lighting it's also likely it's not a First edition.

In Car settings (the car icon in the bottom of the screen) > Driver Assist in the side menu you should then see all the different assist systems fitted to the car with one of them being Blind spot Assist, there would also be a option for Adaptive Cruise Control

All MK4 Leon's in the UK are fitted with lane assist as standard.

From discussions in other threads the wraparound lighting strip is not fitted to cars without the option specified, the additional hardware would have to be fitted first.
Thanks for all the info! Very nicely explained

Just went to the car to check if it is a First Edition and unfortunately is not.

I can live without DCC, but I would very much like to have blind spot assist. Do you know if this can be enabled from software via update or something similar? Don't mind paying for it. I attached a few pictures where I think the car is equipped with LEDs in the door and dash.

One other thing I still didn't manage to find, although it was advertised as a standard equipment on the basic FR was lowering the mirrors when reversing. I can find the option but the mirrors don't move when reverse is engaged. Sounds like a bug. Any ideas?

And one last thing, more of a gimmick, was adaptive headlights for incoming traffic. I'd appreciate some help with this too as I can't find any options around that.

Many thanks

verde

Nov 6, 2021

Just went to the car to check if it is a First Edition and unfortunately is not.

I can live without DCC, but I would very much like to have blind spot assist. Do you know if this can be enabled from software via update or something similar? Don't mind paying for it. I attached a few pictures where I think the car is equipped with LEDs in the door and dash.

One other thing I still didn't manage to find, although it was advertised as a standard equipment on the basic FR was lowering the mirrors when reversing. I can find the option but the mirrors don't move when reverse is engaged. Sounds like a bug. Any ideas?

And one last thing, more of a gimmick, was adaptive headlights for incoming traffic. I'd appreciate some help with this too as I can't find any options around that.

Many thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20211106_161411334.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211106_161411334.MP.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 228
  • PXL_20211106_161349996.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211106_161349996.MP.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 208
  • PXL_20211106_160939989.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211106_160939989.MP.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 227
  • PXL_20211106_160922003.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211106_160922003.MP.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 212
  • PXL_20211106_160809244.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211106_160809244.MP.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 233

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Blind spot Assist would also need radars being fitted behind the rear bumpers, which to my understanding is a big job. @East Yorkshire Retrofits would know.

To lower mirrors in reverse the mirror switch needs to be set to 'L' on RHD cars, and it will dip the passenger side mirror in reverse. To set it up your best of reading the manual, just remember to set it to Left not Right, the manual is for LHD.

I don't think adaptive headlights are currently available on any Leon. There is high beam assist when turning on high beams you would see the letter 'A' inside the high beam icon. The high beams would turn on and off automatically when it detects oncoming traffic.

Many thanks
Adaptive headlights isn't possible however high beam assist is.

Blind spot assist is expensive, the radars are £450 each (there's 2 of them), then there's the necessary wiring, brackets, door lights & labour

We need a car here to look into the ambient lighting further. From what we can tell, there's no variations between cars with and without wrap around ambient lighting hardware wise

Last edited:
Reactions: verde and dan555

verde

Nov 6, 2021
Thanks both for your messages, very helpful!

One last question: my current ambient lighting has only a white colour and unable to change it from the infotainment, even though when I unlock the car it does appear red. Also, the software being bugged and having to turn it on manually every time.

Does anyone know if I can reflash parts of the software to unlock other colours?
Can the wraparound be retro-fitted?

Thanks!

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I reckon it would be a lot of work to retrofit most of the dashboard would have to come out.

Hopefully with the unlocking of SFD protection things like this can be enabled, but again it does depend on hardware support

Deleted member 123864

One last question: my current ambient lighting has only a white colour and unable to change it from the infotainment, even though when I unlock the car it does appear red.
That's normal, it's how it's supposed to work.

Thanks both for your messages, very helpful!

One last question: my current ambient lighting has only a white colour and unable to change it from the infotainment, even though when I unlock the car it does appear red. Also, the software being bugged and having to turn it on manually every time.

Does anyone know if I can reflash parts of the software to unlock other colours?
Can the wraparound be retro-fitted?

Thanks!
Come for a trip to us and we can investigate the lighting questions further. We've gone as far as we can now without getting a car here without it to look at

Reactions: verde
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.