New (past) member

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Hi folks, looking to get back into a Mk1 Cupra R soon and then become active here again! Wass member years ago in my stg2 Mk2 Cupra R (loved it)... Anyway does anyone know history of Mk1 Cupra R black Reg: LD05 #LZ. Seems like a very well maintained car, no service book as mechanic owned apparently (seller states this). Not seen in person as a distance from me but just any heads up really? Given described history and trade in of this to new model i would expect owner is on here somewhere?

All the best and post again soon
D

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Welcome back! Couple of bits, I've obscured some of the plate for you, just in case. Also if you let me have your previous username / email you used I can merge the accounts.

Cheers,

Scott

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Welcome back! Couple of bits, I've obscured some of the plate for you, just in case. Also if you let me have your previous username / email you used I can merge the accounts.

Cheers,

Scott
Scott, sorry mate i cant recall old user… daveb77 or similar?
cheers and any history on car above? D

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Only one similar but the name doesn't match the email. I'd need an email address (you can pm me), or just leave it if you're not that bothered! :)

Someone else may be able to advise on the car, not me I'm afraid.

Cheers :)

Scott

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Folks, fingers crossed ill be in a very well cherished Mk1 Cupra R 2004 next week pending inspection, test drive and trade in deal...

Early days of course, but if it works out ill be looking to swap out cassette head unit / 6 changer for single a DIN blue tooth, DAB enabled system, likely Apline variant, stock speakers appear to be good by what I've read so will leave until i get used to them. Just need the wee bit of tech for commuting comfort and don't own any CD's now never mind cassettes : )

Then its onto the good stuff:
1 - Stg1 map only to improve the mid range - will be REVO as closest to me from a reputable dealer.
2 - is turbo inlet pipe / DV essential Stg1? Dealer suggests not, same with any exhaust tinkering...
3 - Suspension etc upgrades? ARB (S3?), Struts? What kind to improve stiffness? Shocks / dampers without lowering by much as i want stock (ish) look...
4 - Brakes - discs / pads plenty life left but will upgrade as and when required...

Any thoughts, im of course digging through posts on the above but heads up appreciated.

Fingers crossed it works out, canny wait : )

Cheers,
D

Reactions: Syphon
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members