New Pics

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Where could I get these from Char? They look much better

I got a set for mine the other day off ebay, they were listed as Seat Arose 16V ones but they fit exactly the same. The only trouble I had was getting them to stay in but was easily resolved by filing back the little plastic tab that presses against the arch to hold it it. Needs deepened a little if that makes sense. The standard clear ones use metal tabs whereas the aftermarket ones have plastic tabs. If you need any help just PM me ;) I'll have pics of my new SC up soon :)

craigmk6

Mar 6, 2010
leeds
I had the back Half of my roof done (front is panoramic) and it was £100 I also had abit of the top of the boot done so the spoiler didn't have a White line round it.

Last edited:

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
I got a set for mine the other day off ebay, they were listed as Seat Arose 16V ones but they fit exactly the same. The only trouble I had was getting them to stay in but was easily resolved by filing back the little plastic tab that presses against the arch to hold it it. Needs deepened a little if that makes sense. The standard clear ones use metal tabs whereas the aftermarket ones have plastic tabs. If you need any help just PM me ;) I'll have pics of my new SC up soon :)

I found the didn't fit in properly too, i've got a little gap but thought about filing the plastic clip back abit. Do you mean just file the part which would hold against the side of the car?

HAIRWEGO

NICK...
Jan 18, 2010
Poole, Dorset.
as for side repeaters. put a bit of vaseline on the tab, then force it in you will hear it click.. job done.. they do stick out just a little than the original ones..

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
I'm still not sure on wind deflectors, i never used to think they looked good. You'll have to get some pics up.

Yeah i know they stick out a bit its just the left hand side wouldnt go all in the way in (if thats not what you meant), but i'll have a fiddle on the weekend. Found last week when i washed the car water got through the gap and made one of indicators mist up a bit :(

HAIRWEGO

NICK...
Jan 18, 2010
Poole, Dorset.
I'm still not sure on wind deflectors, i never used to think they looked good. You'll have to get some pics up.

Yeah i know they stick out a bit its just the left hand side wouldnt go all in the way in (if thats not what you meant), but i'll have a fiddle on the weekend. Found last week when i washed the car water got through the gap and made one of indicators mist up a bit :(
i found the same side was more differcult as well . so yea a bit of grease and a shove. the deflectors are quit narrow so don't show that much, just blends with the natural black bit that goes round the window..

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
i found the same side was more differcult as well . so yea a bit of grease and a shove. the deflectors are quit narrow so don't show that much, just blends with the natural black bit that goes round the window..

Cool i'll try your method at the weekend, cheers Nick :)
Yeah i didn't wanna get wind deflectors if they looked massive, think i still need convincing though.

Hank

Sep 20, 2009
Has anyone got a picture of those black side repeaters fitted?

Cheers

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Very nice car. Do the mud flaps make a big difference to keeping the dirt off the sides and back?

PRATTY

Hi,

Fitted some to my TDi - the difference is quite astonishing in the wet and mucky stuff, even if they are not the full width of the tyres! Even keeps the side windows cleaner. :clap:

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Has anyone got a picture of those black side repeaters fitted?

Cheers

Here:

Photo0080.jpg

Hope thats good enough.