New R8 18s - Seat Inserts...?

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Just ordered a set of the new R8 alloys for me MK2 FR TDI. Got them from Drivers in Glasgow after viewing on one of the lads Mk1 FR TDI. Look amazing IMO, but they said they cannot get Seat inserts for them. I hope this doesn’t spoil the look... Does anyone know where to get a set for these alloys? I’m pretty lame at finding this sort of thing, so sorry in advance for yet another novice question...

Should be getting them fitted on Saturday all going well, will get pics on ASAP for those that are interested.

Off subject slightly, but had my first good run to and from work today after getting a Custom Code Phase 1 remap at the weekend (thanks J Gracie). What can i say, so far so very very good. The car is certainly transformed, need to get used to the increase in power though (caught me off guard a few times on way home the night… NICE!) and im convincing myself that every shudder or judder is another falling off somewhere - im lame). The ride is so very very satisfying however, you Cupra boys must have beaming smiles all day long cause my clunky diesel (or so my workmates say) is now even more immense! Ill get a proper write up done when i get more miles driven...

Cheers

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Just ordered a set of the new R8 alloys for me MK2 FR TDI. Got them from Drivers in Glasgow after viewing on one of the lads Mk1 FR TDI. Look amazing IMO, but they said they cannot get Seat inserts for them. I hope this doesn’t spoil the look... Does anyone know where to get a set for these alloys? I’m pretty lame at finding this sort of thing, so sorry in advance for yet another novice question...

Cheers

are they standard insert size and do you want silver finish?

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
are they standard insert size and do you want silver finish?

I dont actually know about size bud (should be more prepared i know), Silver would be grand. ive got a pic of the MK1 fitted ones i saw on my mobile though, ill try and upload in a minute... if only i could work out how to do so...

cheers for response Chris

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
the inserts like in my sig are these (in case you cant work out the pic thingy)

WheelCentre1.jpg

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
of course ill now ask where did yu order them from? and maybe just maybe i have attached the pics:

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

sweet!

I think they look like the standard size, a bit surprised that Drivers dont do these though???

What alloys you got? No issues with inserts i take it? Look good from yer sig etc,

Xe

I made my own from Seat official ones ;)

dsc03290dc9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
I made my own from Seat official ones ;)

piece of cake? Im sure i would make an Ar5e of it though even if it was... Any details, im sure i read your post a while back when you got the RS4's... Or maybe im mistaken,

cheers

Xe

piece of cake? Im sure i would make an Ar5e of it though even if it was... Any details, im sure i read your post a while back when you got the RS4's... Or maybe im mistaken,

cheers

Just for you a quick tutorial with photos ;)

CLICK ME

Last edited by a moderator:

Xe

nice one.

very professional looking.

you really ought to think of the environment and get some energy saving bulbs tho :D

Thank for the comments :D ....But you are looking at the reflection of an energy efficient light bulb, the curly type like this one:

W6472-LRG.jpg

In fact all the light bulbs in my house are energy saving ;)

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
My new wheels came with caps, i didnt know until i saw them, the guy asked me what car i had when i ordered them and they came with nice Seat ones already fitted... Luckily i waited as i had already found a website that did Seat ones in 4 differend sizes, i waited cos i wasnt sure what size to get. I can look up the site when i get home if you want, i think they were about a £10...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members