New Shape Cupra Tow Bar

koala5

Feb 14, 2009
Very sorry if this has been covered, I've done a quick search and couldn't narrow down an answer. But can you fit a towbar to a 2008 Cupra, only the car I'm interested in buying seems to have the exhaust pipe smack bang in the middle at the back :cry: At a guess I would say this will have major implications:confused:. As I own a jetski if towing is a no no then I will have to cross this car off my short list :cry:

SeatDanny

Developing SEAT owner!
Oct 29, 2009
Northern Ireland, Belfast
The centre exhaust is on the K1 style cupra, only option for u is buy standard body kit cupra with tailpipes off to one side or buy the aero/btcc style rear bumper with spilt talepipes.

The question still becons tho, why the heck do u wana buy a performance car to put a tow bar on it lol?? U ARE MAD!!

Rob100

As long as its not a K1 then this should work...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190632

I've got a detachable westfalia towbar fitted to my FR. It's very discretly hidden when not in use.

I tow a 1400kg caravan with it (Yes....heard the jokes before, but might as well have a decent car to pull the van:lol:) and it makes a fantastic towcar even though i'm pulling the maximum weight.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
As long as its not a K1 then this should work...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190632

I've got a detachable westfalia towbar fitted to my FR. It's very discretly hidden when not in use.

I tow a 1400kg caravan with it (Yes....heard the jokes before, but might as well have a decent car to pull the van:lol:) and it makes a fantastic towcar even though i'm pulling the maximum weight.

When we got a caravan and were looking at towing with our 118d but brought a Cadillac BLS to tow and left the BM alone. Would use the FR to tow if we ever got another caravan with a removable tobar as on our Caddy.

Car's like the FR and Cupra make good towcars a decent amount of torque and the firmer chassis hels make the car more stable when towing. Downside of towing especially a caravan is the fuel useage :cry:

koala5

Feb 14, 2009
Thanks for the advice guys, missed out on the purchase in the end but at least I know for next time :)
And whats wrong with towing a jetski with a Cupra, Jetski's go fast as well you know! lol. Some of us like to have our cake and eat it :) but agreed a hidden towbar would be the better option:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.