New to seat, what to look out for on 1.2 TSI 110 6speed ibiza Ibiza fr 5 Dr engine code cjzd

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
Yes these "spaces for people" fittings! Was there not a recent case of a middle/oldish woman exiting a shop, forgetting about them and fell and broke a leg maybe, a lot like Embra's tram tracks that capture cyclists and sometimes contribute to their death - all smart clever stuff!

I am like you, assuming the worst or being prepared for the worst in assuming that the petrol smell is actually coming form our cars.

Though, it has to be said, older cars smelt a lot like that when running as well as they could, we were walking along the road in Corstorphine and a bright blue Hillman Imp passed by driven by a cheerful looking older gent, it appeared to be running very well, ie no visible nasties coming out of the exhaust - but the smell it left behind it was a bit nasty, which was normal in the old days!
Got the petrol smell again today. I was ready for it this time and so concentrated on what I was experiencing. I have to qualify by saying it's a definite petrol smell but it's not all that strong. Anyway I left the engine ticking over, leapt out and opened the bonnet but could see no signs of liquid fuel anywhere. I "hovered" my nose over the front of the engine just above the inlet manifold (as you'll know I'm sure, the injectors and fuel rail are underneath the manifold) and to the right where the high pressure pump is, but there was not the slightest smell of petrol - which surprised me! I closed the bonnet and got back into the car where I discovered the smell had gone. Wonder if it might be something to do with the evap system? Just so glad not to have found an actual liquid leak. I shan't let it rest at that though - investigations on going.

Yes, "spaces for people" causing enormous problems for home delivery and I believe the emergency services are quite unhappy because vehicles can't get out of their way as the new installations prevent you pulling over and getting out of their way.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I got a whiff of petrol while out and about in the 2015 Polo 1.2TSI the other day but no evidence of anything wrong under the bonnet, so for me the jury is still out as to where or which car the petrol smell was coming from. We were out and about today and often stationary both with the engine running and auto stop/start enabled and absolutely no smell of petrol at all. If there are any leaks in the Evap system there is normally a fault code logged and the MIL will get switched on.

Reactions: Crossthreaded
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members