new to this site ! feel lost haha

nr34stead

hello chaps just signed up an Havnt a clue how ta do anything lol got a couple questions bout my seat cupra 1.8 turbo if any1 could help ?? :confused:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Well you posted your intro in the right section so you've already done better than some people do ;)

Your best bet is to find the right section of the forum and post your issue in there, someone will be along to help you out.

What car do you have? Ibiza, Leon?

Welcome to the site by the way :wave:

nr34stead

were do i find the sections ? haha im useless if im honest ;) iv got seat leon cupra 1.8 turbo bud, cheers mate hopfully ill get the hang of this soon lol

nr34stead

cheers nath, well my seat seems ta have a few seconds of loosing power but then its all comes back, doesnt matter if im just cruising or givin it the welly, just wounder if any1 els has the same problem or kno what cud cause this ?

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
I'm guessing it'd be an ignition problem that's causing it,

I'm assuming there's no lights on the dash etc? If there's a hiss / whistle more noticeable with windows down that'd be a boost leak but my guess would be to start looking at the coil packs which is a common fault for these cars,

If not then go down the route of MAF sensors etc

If you have access to a diagnostic scanner then plug it in and trace the code from there which will tell you your problem :)

nathan_20vt

Mar 30, 2013
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
I've got a leon cupra aswell. Mines a facelift on a 52 plate. First turbo car I've had and I love it glad insurance is getting cheaper for me. Is your power loss when you are pulling away or when driving along. EML light? Juddering?

nr34stead

i did have a light come on an had it plugged in, it said something about secondry air flow intake or something if that means anything ? no juddering just looses power then its fine again does it every so often :/ i have heard bout the coil packs maybe i should get them done ? the cars done 125k so shes gettin on abit lol

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
If you plug the car in you'll get a fault code. If you compare the code to the number given in the codes section further down here it'll tell you what's the faul linked to

I've got a 1.8 Cupra recently and she's developed a boost leak but given the type of cars I'm used to driving (Had 3 Celica GT's and a MR2) she's completely different yet in some ways easier to get along with and better on fuel too lol

W99JDM

welcome mate, I've been on this a year and still not 100% map sensor troubles ?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Welcome.

FAQ section at the top of the forum leads to info on forum rules, below that is a section named Board FAQ

Under that is a section called General Forum Usage.

Here is a direct link - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage

That gives an overview of how to use a forum or bulletin board.

Think of the forum as a Computers Hard Drive, filled with Folders or Directories.

The main page is the Main Drive (http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/index.php)

Within that Main Drive are folders (or sections) containing different titles. Some of those sections could have multiple sections within them too.

Within the titled sections will be the files or threads, these are the titles of subjects being discussed. Within those threads will be posts which is what I've just done here. :)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise