New Toledo 1.8 20v - Electrical Gremlins!

dani_r

Ok, so I've had a few days to drive the car and see what's what with it.

I've scanned through the forum to try and find the typical problems (there seems to be a few!) If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

List of things I've found so far:

Car smells a little musty - Possible water leak from pollen filter/door seals.

Speedo/milometer doesn't work or clock up the miles. I suspect this needs a new gearbox speed sensor?

Fuel gauge is erratic. It reads 1/4 of a tank, then if going up or down steep(ish) hills it'll drop off, the low fuel warning will sound and the light comes on. It then settles and everything is back to normal. Absolutely no idea about this one. Seen some people mention the conveniece unit? Could be way off the mark with this one.

Drivers side window has come off the runners. Looks like I'm ripping door cards off! :(

The indicators were a little 'sticky' when I first got the car back. But had a play with the hazard switch and they seem to be ok for now.

Clutch biting point is a little high for my liking. This could either be the clutch is on it's last legs, although there is no slipping. Can this be adjusted? Or is it just on or off?

Central locking doesn't work. The drivers side lock doesn't operate any of the central locking, or even it's own door! I have to lock it from the passenger side. I have ordered some new batteries for the key and I'll do the signal reset to see if that sorts it!

Looks like I have pretty much every common fault for this thing! lol

Any help much appreciated. FYI it's a 1999 1.8 20v Toledo AGN engine.

Cheers

Dan

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members