New tyres for 280

Chippo

Jan 2, 2008
Cardiff, WALES
Going to need two new front tyres soon. Any recommendations that will give more grip on acceleration and get rid of the awful axle tramp.

hutchy14

Dec 30, 2013
Not had any experience of these tyres but from what others have said, vredesteins and uniroyal rain sport 3s are suppose to be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I get little or no tramp with the conti 5s that came on mine as standard

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I get little or no tramp with the conti 5s that came on mine as standard

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
+1 the contis are very good in my opinion. Can be quite noisy on some surfaces but I have nothing to compare them against so suspect this may be more due to poor cabin sound Insulation rather than the tyres. Wheel hop off with fast getaways can be a pain but suspect this would be the same with any tyre trying to put 280 horses down in cold temps with summer tyres. I might give the mickys a try next as these seem to receive rave reviews on this forum.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Reviews looked good........what would you recommend?

Sorry thought you had a 280, depending on your mileage and budget , if less than 10k miles a year the MPSS hands down but they'll only do about 10kmiles max more than 10k miles I'd probably still stay with Michelin,PS2's are a proven tyre, gamble on the new ps4

I had the asym2 on my old 130i and thought I'd try the asym3, probes should of stuck with michelins

milnei

Jun 26, 2015
Brackley, Northamptonshire
Well if you're fed up with the axle tramp (as I was), get the NueSpeed torque arm insert (or the solid Alloy insert from 034 Motorsport). That'll cure the tramp full stop!

See my review in this forum I wrote yesterday.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I had Goodyear Asymmetric 2 put on all four corners a week or so ago. Very good grippy types in the dry, not tried them in the wet yet (don't drive like a loon in the wet anyway).

Wheelspin is still apparent with traction control off or in sport (which is how I like it). But the power is much more manageable.

Matt280

Jan 14, 2015
A vote for Michelin PSS's from me. I've done 1000 miles on a full set now and they are amazing. I cannot believe how little grip the bridgestones had in the wet! Night and day from how the car was. Definitely not the cheapest though.

Only issue is that with the launch of the PS4, I'm not sure how readily available they are?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Only issue is that with the launch of the PS4, I'm not sure how readily available they are?

PS4 are the replacement for the 3's the SS's are supposed to be a replacement for the PS2 (not cup), a lot of places are low stock on the PS2's but the SS's seem to have better reviews anyway.

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
PS4 are the replacement for the 3's the SS's are supposed to be a replacement for the PS2 (not cup), a lot of places are low stock on the PS2's but the SS's seem to have better reviews anyway.

I'm sure I read in EVO magazine that the pilot sport 4 are a replacement for the pilot supersport? I've got the pilot supersport and they are fantastic. I've used conti 5, eagle f1 etc in the past and these blow them all away. Wear hasnt been to bad although this is on a 184fr.

Matt280

Jan 14, 2015
I'm sure I read in EVO magazine that the pilot sport 4 are a replacement for the pilot supersport? I've got the pilot supersport and they are fantastic. I've used conti 5, eagle f1 etc in the past and these blow them all away. Wear hasnt been to bad although this is on a 184fr.

I read this as well on EVO but if you go on the Michelin website they are marketing them side by side at the moment so I'm a bit confused.

Still great tyres though.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.