New V5 170 Mk2 Toledo owner

TollyV5

Dec 7, 2023
Hi all,

Just thought I'd pop my head in and say hi!

New owner of a Toledo mk2 V5 170 in silver with only 106k miles on the clock - Purchased from a lovely gent in Wales who had owned it for the last 16 years. It's been well looked after, pretty much no rust anywhere except on the subframes which have seen better days, but are structurally still sound.

I purchased with it almost out of MOT and had to fit a new front wiper mechanism to get it through (seized) - an MOT which it subsequently failed anyway on both front coil springs being broken - So I've since replaced the suspension all round with coilovers (not set low at all), top mounts, new front wishbones and drop links. I then found a lovely used set of Audi TT QS replica alloys with decent Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres mated to them.

With the MOT out of the way, I've set about purchasing all of the service items that I normally replace when I buy a new vehicle - Engine oil, filter, gearbox oil, fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter - Hopefully will get to these over the Christmas period!

Reactions: Tell

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi all,

Just thought I'd pop my head in and say hi!

New owner of a Toledo mk2 V5 170 in silver with only 106k miles on the clock - Purchased from a lovely gent in Wales who had owned it for the last 16 years. It's been well looked after, pretty much no rust anywhere except on the subframes which have seen better days, but are structurally still sound.

I purchased with it almost out of MOT and had to fit a new front wiper mechanism to get it through (seized) - an MOT which it subsequently failed anyway on both front coil springs being broken - So I've since replaced the suspension all round with coilovers (not set low at all), top mounts, new front wishbones and drop links. I then found a lovely used set of Audi TT QS replica alloys with decent Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres mated to them.

With the MOT out of the way, I've set about purchasing all of the service items that I normally replace when I buy a new vehicle - Engine oil, filter, gearbox oil, fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter - Hopefully will get to these over the Christmas period!
Welcome to SCN, sounds like a project that should be put in the readers rides section, and some pics would be nice.

TollyV5

Dec 7, 2023
Welcome to SCN, sounds like a project that should be put in the readers rides section, and some pics would be nice.
Thanks, I might start a thread in the near future! For now, here's a lovely shot of how she currently looks:

1000005308.jpg

Reactions: Nathan penney
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.