newbie - couple of questions

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
andycupra said:
Remap only - 190-195bhp
on the K03 the torque gains are alot more than bhp. you should get 235-240 lbft.

Remap/exhaust/filter/dv - 190 - 199bhp

Remap/exhaust/filter/dv/fmic/dp - 205-210bhp (although jabba, custome code or revo stage 2 may get more)

Remap/exhaust/filter/dv/fmic/dp/KO3s - 222-235bhp
the K03s doesnt run out of puff as early as the K03 so while they toque figures may be similair the K03s can pull further up the rev range and get bit more power.

have to agree with these figures to be honest, remember it depends on which rolling road you go to and the outside temps.Mark did his car alongside mine and was only 3-4 bhp apart at stealth(his was a very cold day if i remember).

mine was 201 @the wheels and 247 fly at stealth
mine was 208 @the wheels and only 238 at fly at awsome

but must add that for the money ko3s is still worth while upgrade

AlphaMale

Apr 28, 2005
Cardiff
Yehh looks enough to me ... Don't think I'll go the NOS route though, I guess it's kinda reasuring if you were racing something special and you just needed the edge :p ... Bye bye tuned STi :wave:

Alpha

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
quick question guys. be completely unbiased here, a mk3 with say, FMIC, DV, enclosed filter, exhaust and REVO at 220bhp (sound right?) when rollling in gear at say 40mph, what would happen against something like an RS focus or a civic type-R?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
jamie, does a boost gauge do anything when u wack thne nos on? i assume u run a progressive controller on the throttle yeah? so when u back off the right foot the nos cuts off? or is it sprayed directly?

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
civic and focus are closely matched when both driven properly though?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
from 40 onwards the civic isnt in its VTEC yet unless its in 1st gear and smoking so it wouldnt have the same sort of torque as a focus or ibiza would have plus it would be the lesser bhp of the 3 cars

perhaps left standing isnt accurate, but it would be behind

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
acidstrato said:
jamie, does a boost gauge do anything when u wack thne nos on? i assume u run a progressive controller on the throttle yeah? so when u back off the right foot the nos cuts off? or is it sprayed directly?

boost gauge shows a slight increase of about 1 psi but i do run a very low start and a fairly long build time(yes run off a prog controller) run a 10%start (100 jets)and a 2.5 sec build time to a 50%finish to give the reults below. yes i have an arming switch and then a throttle activation switch which cuts when lifted.

this gives a very smooth power increase instead off just spinning the wheels.

:D

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
schaweet :D i want! i had a ride in a nossed up motor recently it was quite a surprise, just didnt know wot to expect, quite tempted although somewhat scared too lol