Newbie - Cupra Ateca 2020

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Hi everyone. Thought I'd finally get round to joining the forum after following the SeatCupraNet pages on Facebook on Instagram, and buying my first set of group stickers last week...

I've had my Cupra since 2nd March, just before lockdown. I'm new to Seat/Cupra, but have a VAG background. I came from a mk7 Golf R, with other previous' including a mk6 Golf GTI, and Mk5 pd.

I was relatively involved in facebook groups for the Mk7 R, and I can already tell that the Seat/Cupra community is so much more pleasant. As good of a car as it was, it is too common and it grows tiresome seeing 19-21 year olds asking about insurance prices and MPG figures every day.

I was looking forward to getting involved in some car meets in 2020, but that won't be happening any time soon. Instead I setup an instagram page for my car: @the_cupra. If you aren't already, give me a follow and I'll follow you back.

Otherwise, you'll probably see me in the Cupra Ateca forums trying to figure out if the allusive 'ABT pack' will ever become a retrospective option. This is my first new car, and I have every intention of keeping it for the long term. This means I need to keep the manufacturer warranty for as long as possible! If anyone knows anything I don't, please let me know.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• car 2.JPG
    car 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the community and thanks for joining the forums. The car looks awesome :) Great picture. Hopefully, @Jimbobcook has already got your account on his radar as he looks after our Instagram account.

Thanks for the feedback about the community we try to be welcoming, friendly and "grown-up" about our passion for SEAT and CUPRA cars.

It would be cool to see some pics of your stickers on the car in the merch forum :)

Yes hopefully we can sort the meets next year again - big 20 year anniversary so COVID permitting we'll be doing some cool stuff.

I'm near Bristol so will wave if I ever spot you.

Cheers for now,

Scott

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.