MO!
Guest
Hi.
I've had an R reg 1.4 SXE for a couple of months now. At least I *think* it's the SXE model... how do I tell?
I passed quite a while ago (I'm closer to 30 than I'd like to be!), but this is my first car.
I only paid £500 for the car, and expected to have to pay out for a few things, but to be fair, it seems to run pretty well..... so far.
To restate, this is my first car, and this is all new to me. I don't pretend to know much about engines and such.
Problems I've noticed so far....
*How do in find out my engine code?
*The passenger side electric window opens fine, but when I try to close it, it needs a "helping hand" for the final inch or so.
*The temp dial on the dash doesn't move. Doesn't appear to be connected up at all.
*When I start the car from cold it starts first time. However, when I try starting it soon after it's been running (like when I've popped into a shop, or stalled or such
), it sometimes takes a few attempts. It's not like it's trying to turn over and failing, it's like it's not even realising i'm attempting to start..... if that makes sense?
*The stereo seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes reading cds, and other times spitting them back out at me.
I'm sure there shall be plenty more questions to follow
I've had an R reg 1.4 SXE for a couple of months now. At least I *think* it's the SXE model... how do I tell?
I passed quite a while ago (I'm closer to 30 than I'd like to be!), but this is my first car.
I only paid £500 for the car, and expected to have to pay out for a few things, but to be fair, it seems to run pretty well..... so far.
To restate, this is my first car, and this is all new to me. I don't pretend to know much about engines and such.
Problems I've noticed so far....
*How do in find out my engine code?
*The passenger side electric window opens fine, but when I try to close it, it needs a "helping hand" for the final inch or so.
*The temp dial on the dash doesn't move. Doesn't appear to be connected up at all.
*When I start the car from cold it starts first time. However, when I try starting it soon after it's been running (like when I've popped into a shop, or stalled or such
*The stereo seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes reading cds, and other times spitting them back out at me.
I'm sure there shall be plenty more questions to follow
