Newbie to the Seat World

LNDetailing

Detailer
Nov 10, 2013
Canvey Island, Essex
Hi Guys!

My Name is Luke, Im 22 and have just moved from having the Honda Civic Type R FN2 to my new car Seat Leon Mk2 140 TDI. Sadly i had to see my civic go today as it was proving to much to run at the moment so i went for the seat for the economy plus the looks.

Ive just purchased the 140 tdi with the BTCC Kit on and it looks great. First step is to give it a good detail by myself to get the swirl marks and scratches out to make it look new. Then ill be heading down the modified list (Subtle)

If anybody has any suggestions on first Mods then please do tell :)

Thanks again and i look forward to meeting and chatting to some of you.

Luke

LNDetailing

Detailer
Nov 10, 2013
Canvey Island, Essex
Thankyou for the warm welcome. I'm currently in the process of giving the car it's first detail and winter protection ( the guy didn't really like cleaning it and took it to the car wash and paid a tenner a time.

Do it once do it properly. The wheels could do with a refurb as the acids they use at those car washes is so corrosive and has taken the lacquer off!

W99JDM

it's always a waste letting the quick bob car wash, I'm to OCD for that! may as we'll wait till the weather picks up

LNDetailing

Detailer
Nov 10, 2013
Canvey Island, Essex
I'm very OCD with the car. I'm a detailer part time. So have spent 5 days so far carrying out a full paint correction plus winter protection. And I've only managed to get round to doing half the car! Taking me ages. Looks as if a scouring pad has gone in it in places!

LNDetailing

Detailer
Nov 10, 2013
Canvey Island, Essex
As promised now I have 15 Posts here is the pictures of my new purchase.

So going from my old car:

Honda Civic FN2 Type R GT

photo1_zpscd591651.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The civic was running at 210.8BHP with 178FtLb torque, was very quick, run around 6.4 0-60 but the fuel was to expensive fillimng up every 4 days. It cornered very well not much under or over steer as has a FRS by Torque Developments International. I am very sad to see it go.

And now to the Seat Leon TDI 140 (BTCC)

photo_zps1a6a9c16.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I have already upgraded the Lighting on the new car, fiting HID's and LED Sidelights. I have also ordered a double din surround so that my Double din can go in enabling me with satnav and other extras. After this it will be onto retro fitting Cruise control and climate control to give it that new car touch. After this I Shall be taking it to AMD for a remap and a FRS also if they can do it.

Looking forward to good MPG compared to the Civic. Currently doing 2.5 times as much miles to a tank compared to the old car which is saving me more money. Plus insurance is a whole £670 cheaper and tax also £110 cheaper per year. :)

Keep an eye out on the detailing page where i will be starting to do a write up of the detail of my Leon.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise