Newbie Transformation 1

Emma'sChill

Hi all,
I currently have a black Seat Ibiza Chill mk3 3dr (aka my "Chilly-Willy") and I'm looking to give her some tlc in an attempt to restore her to her former glory. I'm also completely new to the forum thing so please bear with me!
Am hoping to make a log of my progress on here and pick up some advice and tips on the way. I will be uploading some pictures of her tomorrow, worts and all.

She has done 96,000 and I have part of her history, recently just been put through her mot in which she had new front tyres, new disks and pads and a few new light bulbs and the tracking fixed.
Since I've had her she's also had a new clutch as well as some other little bits.

- Got a scratch and a small dent over the rear passenger wheel arch (reversed into a wall - typical girl i know!)
- Passenger fog light is smashed but bulb still works
- Passenger door lock is a bit iffy, somedays it works on central locking others it gets jammed (heard this is a common fault)
- Alloys aren't in a great state, curbed and lacquer is peeling
- Rear windscreen washer isn't working (hasn't worked since i've had her)
- Upholstery could do with a good clean, some tears
- Paint around door handles on the inside is all scratched off, looks like a dog may have done it but I never let mine in the front!Outside paintwork has quite a lot of stone chips and she needs a good clean (hopefully being done tomorrow)
- Got a lovely dent about 2 inches above the windscreen on the drivers side where a branch fell down on her
- Few rust spots in common places

I've had her a year now and I hate to admit that I haven't taken that good care of her, but seeing what a recent garage did and attempted to charge me for, I have seen the light! Ive done 10,000 miles in the last year on motorways, windy back roads and through towns so she's against the elements a bit and not once has she let me down!

Sorry for the essay and thanks for reading
Pictures to follow soon! ;)

Lowry020505

My cupra's a LEMON
Mar 22, 2014
Warrington,Cheshire
it sounds like chilly willy is in need of a body shop,,
as for the rear washer,, chances are its just the hose has come apart on the connection under the bonnet,, a quick way to check is,, operate the rear washer for a couple of seconds and then have a look under the car to see if its dripping anywhere or look for a wet patch on the floor

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.