Newbie with a clutch noise

LunaLeonFR

Hi guys,

Firstly i'd like to say what a great site my friend recommended to me! I have just taken ownership of an immaculate Dec 2006 Leon TDi FR so am really pleased to have found this site.

But here is why i post initially;

I have a very slight, what i can only describe as, knocking sound (which i can feel a little too) coming from my clutch when i am feathering it when in 1st, 2nd or Reverse. It may do it in other gears at higher speeds too but i cant hear it if so.
I notice it when parking or reversing and such like.

Does anyone else have any experience of this? Should i take it back to the dealer to look at? Or is it just the clutch plate engaging?

Also, i get a vibration throughout the car when travelling over 80mph, could this be down to tracking and balance in the wheels?

many thanks in advance,

Josh

bizzaboy

Also, i get a vibration throughout the car when travelling over 80mph, could this be down to tracking and balance in the wheels?

many thanks in advance,

Josh

Congratulations on your purchase of your FR..

Regarding the 2nd point, vibration appearing over a certain cruising speed will usually be down to a wheel problem. Do you notice it coming from one particular corner?

I once had this after having some work done on a car I owned - turned out one of the wheels was not put back on "straight" when bolted up - once that wheel was re-seated it was all fine.

If you bought from a Dealer / Garage, you should have warranty on mechanical issues - get the car back to them and tell them of these problems (sooner the better) - they should investigate and resolve free of charge.

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
I feel a similar judder if i have the clutch in and raise the revs to about 1000, then lift off the accelerator. I think its just the ECU cutting fuel to drop the revs as normal then rapidly reapplying fuel to maintain idle.

Cant say i notice anything with the clutch pedal but i do feel the knock in the clutch pedal or on the bulkhead behind the pedals.

Stuart