Newbie!

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
You may still have a sunroof. Top end V5's like mine still often came with one even with climate (although maybe this was an option because I also got full leather rather than leather/alcantara seats). If you don't have a sunroof then the light is easier to source. Ideally you want to get one off ebay where they have already made plug in connectors so it is a simple case of plug and fit. You just then need to run a wire for the leds through the headlining down the A pillar (I took the A pillar cover off rather than tuck it between the pillar and the windscreen). Feed behind the fusebox and tap in to the number 17 grey/blue dimmer wire behind the headlamp switch (as per the guide I linked to).

Dash lights are always on (you'll see them illuminated when you go through tunnels etc), even when your headlights are off. The interior light leds work off the same dimmer control.

If you do need to source a sunroof version of the light with wiring loom I got mine of German ebay (they have loads more VAG parts). They normally come in beige or grey to match your headlining. You could buy direct from VW but you would then need to sort out your own connectors etc.

Seat sport gear knobs are the nuts - far superior to the standard ones, but damn expensive. Not great pics as I took this to show my footrests and Cupra R pedals, but it's the clearest I've got of the gear knob:

Interior4.jpg

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
Hello again, those W8 lights aren't cheap! Gear knob looks great, whereabouts did you get yours from?

What do you think the cost of a spoiler sprayed and fitted would cost? I have seen some splittors that look alright and a highlevel rear window spoiler too, might see if I can source those along with some skirts. Nothing too lairy, just subtle and non boy racer.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Hello again, those W8 lights aren't cheap! Gear knob looks great, whereabouts did you get yours from?

What do you think the cost of a spoiler sprayed and fitted would cost? I have seen some splittors that look alright and a highlevel rear window spoiler too, might see if I can source those along with some skirts. Nothing too lairy, just subtle and non boy racer.

I got my light for about 22 quid froma VW dealer...
the knobs were 80quid from a dealer the last time i checked! expensive but really nice!!!!

my Seat spoiler cost 60quid a few years ago, shop around for quotes for spraying it could range quite considerably.....i had mine done at mates rates.

high level rear spoiler.......great idea and i have been looking at getting one from MSdesign....a german company.....subtle and like the leon one. but very expensive for what it is.
they do skirts too but IMO you want the Seat ones!:D

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
Looks like I need to start sourcing a few bits, I agree on the Cupra skirts. Bodywise I need a few bits then, will collect them up and take it into a few body shops to find out about spraying and fitting.

Cheers for all your help.

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
All has been going well, got the car on the road and I love it. I come out and choose the Toledo over my company Golf everytime (even though the Golf's fuel is free!).

Fitted my Road Angel today, hardwired that is. I had to remove a couple of fuses resulting in the air bag light staying on :( . Anyone have VAG COM round here that could kindly reset it for me?

Also I have noticed the boot doesn't lock, I can't even seem to turn the lock with the key to the horizontal position (permanently locked) - any ideas?

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
Just done a couple of bits over the weekend, fitted my road angel; properly hard wired it in nice and neat. I have just fixed my boot lock. Turned out to be the motor in the end.

Also tidied up the after market install of parking sensors, the box was just floating around in the boot and the beeper was just screwed to the boot panel, relocated it and fixed the box of tricks to the car properly.

Also tidied up what the fools had done at the garage, they replaced the plates and just screwed straight into the cars body! Put some rubber spacers in to hold the plate away from the car and silconed the holes up and refited. Cowboys!

Only problem is I might have to have it off again as I noticed a spec of rust. Just silconed over it for now to try and seal it off - its under the plate anyway.

Just a few more bits to do to get things perfect, only little things really as I am picky. I might take it to a leather repairers and get the worn bits sorted and the whole interior treated.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise