Newbie!

the_smitz

Right so here I am, after a few weeks of browsing this forum ive finally convinced myself just to go ahead and get myself an Ibiza FR.

Saw it online and getting it on Friday, so thanks to this forum for helping me make up my mind. I have been a fan for a while anyway, my pal has one and he loves it to bits.

So there ye are, im here now, so anything you want to know let me know. Im sure you will here more from me after Friday when i finally get my hands on it.

Car - 2007 1.9 TDi FR, 27000 miles, Black. Everything else is standard (for now!)

D

Deleted member 13581

Hello and welcome.

Hope youve got deep pockets. ;)

tackleberry83

Mar 24, 2008
surbiton surrey
the_smitz said:
Right so here I am, after a few weeks of browsing this forum ive finally convinced myself just to go ahead and get myself an Ibiza FR.

Saw it online and getting it on Friday, so thanks to this forum for helping me make up my mind. I have been a fan for a while anyway, my pal has one and he loves it to bits.

So there ye are, im here now, so anything you want to know let me know. Im sure you will here more from me after Friday when i finally get my hands on it.

Car - 2007 1.9 TDi FR, 27000 miles, Black. Everything else is standard (for now!)

D

Hi and welcome you will love it but as said before deep pockets can be required and a spine of steel to cope with potholes. You will not get bored of being at 40mph in 4th and planting your foot and feeling the torque send you up the road with a huge smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_smitz

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Hopefully i don't run into any fcuking potholes, they are a nightmare just now. And tyres, that is something i know i will be paying out for, im expecting it. Its all worth it though, right? :)

I'm new to the whole modifying game so it will be a slow ongoing progress for me with careful revision first. I'm sure there's more than enough info on this site though.

D

Last edited by a moderator:

tackleberry83

Mar 24, 2008
surbiton surrey
Jimlad86 said:
Ah yes, i can imagine the Tyres are tres expensive.

By an ARB do you me an Anti Roll bar? Surley you dont NEED one of those?

What do you guys normally pay for a service?

Yes anti roll bar it already has one fitted as standard but I managed to bend mine which caused knocking from the front end when going on full lock and reversing also has it had the wishbone bushes replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_smitz

So few days in and I must admit its a really fun car to drive. Couple of wee things wrong when i went to see in the flesh:

back bumper had a few minor scratches and same with passenger side - cash off asking price
driver side wingmirror cracked (plastic only) £7.99 from the dealer - free of course and got extra year warranty for the inconvenience
brakes needing replaced - cash off asking price

So all went well, then today on the way to work i notice this windy noise coming from the driver side door, looks like the seal is needing replaced. Apparently this is known? Anyone know how much this is gonna cost, or if it will be covered under my extended dealer warranty? Ill check tomorrow of course but any info here would be great.

But everything else??? Awesome (excuse the americanism) but it really is. and 50+ mpg, what more can you want?

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
hehe, Best of luck sorting the wind noise.
Most common complaint on the MK4's Probably not the window seal at all, More than likely its the wing mirror thats causing it.

I had it on my 1.2, Went back to the dealers maybe.... 15 times? They could never fix it, And My dealers know their stuff :D