Newby Here with 130 tdi

tsmithy

Hey guys,

I bought an ibiza 130 tdi 2 weeks ago and am really impressed so far. :)

I've owned an mx5 for the past 4 years and wanted something more practical and better on fuel.

Loving the extras like cruise control, xeons etc..

will post some pictures up soon.

Not yet sure wheither to leave standard or to do a few small bits.

Cheers, Tom

Mar 25, 2009
bath
if your registered on here and you manage to keep it standard than your stronger minded than me lol

i love my tdi 130, mines been remapped now, coilovers ordered, having a straight pipe from turbo to tip, new wheels lol

i would like cruise control though :(

bloody average speed cameras on m4!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
welcome...good choice on car, i'm willing to bet a lot of money that if you stay on here, your car will not remain standard :)

hope you enjoy the forum

PCIronmike

Mine was standard!!!!!! and then i found this site 8 months on= not standard!!

Same here Craig , as soon as I saw some of the cars I started . so far I've removed the badges on the rear apart from the TDi , fitted the chrome surrounds around the instruments and the same to the heater blower outlets , a couple of decals on the side . I want to upgrade to the newer cupra type front & rear bumpers but think I'll get advice first on what year / model will fit mine . Oh and a stubby aerial too lol .

Dec 3, 2009
nice choice of car... whack it in 3rd, get to 2krpm.. slam your foot down and gooooooooooo :D
never gets tiring!

May 22, 2009
South Wales
good luck with not fiddling with you car! i was thinking the same 8 months ago when i bought mine - it now owes me about 6k on top of the car price!

They are worth it tho!! nothin better than leaving some ppl shocked when you drop them in a black clowd of smoke!

Good old DERV!

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
i've spent around £1000 on my car - THIS WEEK haha dunno how much it is in total! if you stay here you will spend! i didnt even really like my car when i got it but now i like it - because of the mods i've done to it :D thanks to all the helpful advice on here! welcome!

tsmithy

Heres an update:

I thought i'd upload some pics of the car so I can remember how it started off! The car is a 2003 and has done 34,000 miles.

I think the only non-standard bit is a tow-bar. I'm not gonna use it so might take it off, Ive done some research and its a Witter towbar £150 online so gonna try and sell it.

Problems:
Been driving it for a month now and cant really fault it, the only thing wrong Ive noticed is the reverse light doesn't come on when the car is in reverse. Ive checked the bulb and fuse and there not broken and when I put the car in reverse the rear wiper comes on which leads me to belive the g.box switch works. Does anyone have ideas to what it could be, my guess is something to do with the towbar.

PICS TO GO HERE WHEN MY ACCOUNT LETS ME!!!!

MOD List (It didn't take long, the plan is to get the car looking really smart but still OEM whilst keeping it practical enough to do lots of miles in as my daily driver):

• Just ordered a lead so I can have AUX in on the CD player.
  • After looking around on the forum, Ive decided I want Cupra bumpers, so pricing this up at the moment. I hope to get this done as soon as funds allow as I thing it will really make the car look more sporty and newer.
  • Been to Celtic tuning (pass it on my daily commute) and asked about remaps to get an ideas, but I'm happy at the moment so will probably look again in 6 months or so.

I will keep you updated on what happens. Tom

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i was in your kinda situation with the remap...however, i don't regret having it done. i've only spent around £800 on mine and only got my alloy refurb to do, don't think i'll bother with much else as it's looking good :thumbup:

but yes, the facelift bumpers are the way to go with pre-facelifts