Newest Posts Cross-Forum

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
On one of the other forum websites I visit there is a feature I think would benefit this one.

Basically the first page shows the threads which have had the most recent posts.

I don't think necessarily this should be the first page here, but I think a section that showed these would have great benefits.

On an average day I'll look at the Leon MkI and te TDi sections, but if I look at others sometimes there's things of interest, but not always. There's a lot of sections here and to check each one every day would take a long time, so I think a section that linked to the threads that had the most recent posts would be good, you'd kindof get the most recent topics throughout the site, not just those you frequented, but mabe interesting things you'd like to know would pop up.

For an example of what I mean take a look at www.edugeek.net

From my job I'm primarily interested only in Windows, Networking and Hardware, but there's often things in other sections I'd miss if it weren't for that page, and everytime I come here I think there's things other people have posted that I've missed because there not in the 3 sections I frequent.

Just my 2p's worth.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I just find 'Search' then 'most recent posts' or 'today's posts' more than adequate. Most recent will show the very latest and it's up to you how far you want to scroll through. It's how I always use the forum.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I have to go to a forum, choose all and child, then if I don't enter a keyword it complains.

No tabs. Using Firefox 1.5.0.12

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.