No Code but having DPF and Possible Turbo issue

H4mm13.

Jan 2, 2023
Been having a DPF light coming on for a while now, tried regenerating during driving and it improved for a short time then quickly disimproved again to the point now if i drive above 2k revs, it goes into limp mode and drives like an old lada (SLOWWWWWWWWW)

Took it into the garage the other day cause it was showing me an engine light and wanted to talk to them about the DPF issue, they scanned the car and got a turbo pressure issue.
So reset the codes, took it for a drive and read codes again.

No DPF code showing up
Just a turbo pressure code.

He took the vac line off the turbo, but the engine note didnt change (is this a thing) but the actuator seems to be activating all right.
He was suggesting the actuator might be broken inside the turbo meaning i would need a new (replacement) turbo?

Now heres the question, what other cause would there be that theres no DPF code showing up.... cause i know the dpf light is coming on while on the motorway / longer drive.
What else would cause the turbo code to come up like that?

Also if it helps, when ya start the engine. Unless you have the air recirculating, you get choked with exhaust fumes......

Ive had this car at 3 different garages, One told me there was nothing wrong with the car (Main Dealer) one told me to drop the DPF and clean it out, and the third has told me to replace the turbo.

Kinda at a loss for what to do, I dont mind dropping the DPF and Cleaning it. Dont mind changing the turbo, but could realllllllly do without the expense.

Suggestions or experience would be helpful

• Sad
Reactions: KoenG

KoenG

Jan 3, 2023
Typical! The diagnostical skills of the official car net is very bad these days. Changing the brake pads and the filters is about what they can still do, but all the rest ??? Don't you have a Bosch garage or something equivalent that can help you in your vicinity?

I would probably remove the DPF and drive it a few trips without it. Is the power back and behaviour lik you'd expect? Than clean out the DPF. When not, replace the turbo. Don't know what the mileage is on your vehicle, when it's low/moderate the DPF is probably not the cause but the result.

Just my take.

H4mm13.

Jan 2, 2023
Ok so to move further forward, theres definitely a turbo issue!
Actuator moves when i manually "activate" using boost pipe. But car absolutely stinks to high heavens of Exhaust fumes when idling and has absolutely no power..... Goes into limp mode at over 2250 rpm. Got the codes read again, and says it points to turbo problem.
I have read a few places that it might be that the flap and acuator are not closing properly and it just needs cleaned out, ive read other places that the turbo can be fixed easily and other places that say its goosed and needs replaced.
what turbo is the right one to change it too? Ive checked several websites and they range from

Henkel Parts 5112629R Turbocharger @ €385.00​

to

NISSENS 93285 Turbocharger @ €560.92​

and

SCHLÜTTER TURBOLADER 166-09370 Turbocharger @ €921.79​

Im a bit out of my depth with this to be honest but i dont want to overspend with money being tight at the moment. So could do with some advice.

The car has less than 200,000 kilometers on the clock and is a 140bhp Ecomotive SE lux.

Any way to check the right turbo without trying to squeeze my fat head into the small space at the back of the engine?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.