No DCC on my soon-to-arrive 2.0tdi 4drive DSG - driving modes available?

Jun 7, 2022
Greetings everyone from Lisbon, Portugal!

I just took the plunge today to probably get a matte grey Formentor 2.0tdi DSG 4 drive.

Considering the long waiting times for custom orders, I'll probably get a model which will be arriving in 2 weeks. It has "Sport pack", but no DCC.

From what I read DCC is what allows you to choose different drive modes, like comfort, sport, cupra, as well as fine tune suspension and other parameters, right?

Since I'm getting a 4drive I guess my car will have to have a selectable "Off-Road" mode, right? Other than that, will it have other selectable modes, or customization options?

Thanks for your help!
José

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yes you get selectable drive modes but they do not include suspension changes.

Throttle response and steering response are the basic adjustments when you don't have DCC

Yes - there is an off-road drive mode.

Jun 7, 2022
Yes you get selectable drive modes but they do not include suspension changes.

Throttle response and steering response are the basic adjustments when you don't have DCC

Yes - there is an off-road drive mode.
Thanks for your answer.

So I don't have the suspension fine tuning, but shouldn't the suspension automatically change, according to their pre-defined parameters, when I change from "Comfort" to "Sport"?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Thanks for your answer.

So I don't have the suspension fine tuning, but shouldn't the suspension automatically change, according to their pre-defined parameters, when I change from "Comfort" to "Sport"?
Unless you have DCC - there is no electrical connection or adjustable dampers for the car to adjust.

On the v2 car you just get standard fixed rate dampers.

Jun 7, 2022
Unless you have DCC - there is no electrical connection or adjustable dampers for the car to adjust.

On the v2 car you just get standard fixed rate dampers.

Ok, had no idea about that. So what would Cupra mean with "Comfort" mode vs "Sport" mode in a non-DCC vehicle? Comfort is usually exclusively associated with the suspension, and not with steering or pedal sensitivity.

What is the overall consensus regarding the suspension setup on the non-DCC Cupra? More of a soft plush ride, or hard and bumpy?

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Ok, had no idea about that. So what would Cupra mean with "Comfort" mode vs "Sport" mode in a non-DCC vehicle? Comfort is usually exclusively associated with the suspension, and not with steering or pedal sensitivity.

What is the overall consensus regarding the suspension setup on the non-DCC Cupra? More of a soft plush ride, or hard and bumpy?
Without DCC the modes will change the steering weight so in Comfort mode it's lighter and in Sport it weights up. It'll also change the throttle mapping so the throttle pedal is more sensitive in Sport. I did test drive a non DCC car but it was over 12 months ago so I can't remember, as mine has DCC

Jun 7, 2022
Without DCC the modes will change the steering weight so in Comfort mode it's lighter and in Sport it weights up. It'll also change the throttle mapping so the throttle pedal is more sensitive in Sport. I did test drive a non DCC car but it was over 12 months ago so I can't remember, as mine has DCC

Thanks for the information. I am afraid this might be a deal-breaker for me, if the standard suspension setup on a non-DCC car is clearly "hard"/"sport", as that will affect both comfort and offroad performance.

Hope there is someone who can help me with this.

By the way, do you notice a very BIG difference between comfort and sport (not cupra), regarding suspension softness/plushness?

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Thanks for the information. I am afraid this might be a deal-breaker for me, if the standard suspension setup on a non-DCC car is clearly "hard"/"sport", as that will affect both comfort and offroad performance.

By the way, do you notice a very BIG difference between comfort and sport (not cupra), regarding suspension softness/plushness?
I do noticed a difference between Comfort and Sport. In Comfort the car flows with the road really well soaking up any undulations and potholes with ease- it's the mode I use 90% of the time. In Sport you can feel more minor imperfections in the road through the suspension and is definitely firmer

Jun 7, 2022
I do noticed a difference between Comfort and Sport. In Comfort the car flows with the road really well soaking up any undulations and potholes with ease- it's the mode I use 90% of the time. In Sport you can feel more minor imperfections in the road through the suspension and is definitely firmer
Ok, so the difference is clearly noticeable.

So now the million dollar question is: what is the base suspension tuning in non-DCC models? :)

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

Just for clarity - you don't get Cupra mode on a V1 or V2 - It is only on the VZ models

Sounds like you need to be looking at the VZ1 245TSi 2wd model

Jun 7, 2022
Just for clarity - you don't get Cupra mode on a V1 or V2 - It is only on the VZ models

Sounds like you need to be looking at the VZ1 245TSi 2wd model
Thanks for clearing that out, I thought every Formentor with DCC had cupra mode.

I chose the Cupra Formentor because I find it the most attractive SUV/CUV which doesn't cost a fortune and has 4drive from some occasional dirt-road driving. I'm coming from a 2016 Qashqai with 19 wheels, which has a very stiff suspension, where I can feel all holes and bumps in the road, and don't want to have another car like that.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Thanks for clearing that out, I thought every Formentor with DCC had cupra mode.

I chose the Cupra Formentor because I find it the most attractive SUV/CUV which doesn't cost a fortune and has 4drive from some occasional dirt-road driving. I'm coming from a 2016 Qashqai with 19 wheels, which has a very stiff suspension, where I can feel all holes and bumps in the road, and don't want to have another car like that.
Only the VZ models get Cupra Mode ( and the cupra button on the steering wheel ) - and DCC

Jun 7, 2022
Only the VZ models get Cupra Mode ( and the cupra button on the steering wheel ) - and DCC

On the Portuguese Cupra website DCC is listed as an optional for the non VZ models. Considering that the non VZ models are not "sports" models, they possibly have a softer suspension?

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Standard suspension on V models is similar to Comfort setting on VZ models, nothing wrong with that, it suits well the V models, not quite firm not quite soft, just proper for sporty driving, what actually the Formentor is all about. Of course if you can get t with DCC its a big plus but I do not consider it as a must.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.