V1-V2 comfort vs VZ with DCC - found the answer

Jun 7, 2022
Greetings!

Following my thread asking about the lack of DCC and ride comfort on my soon to arrive V2, I did some additional research on many youtube reviews, including V1-V2 reviews and also reviews directly comparting V1-2 with VZ versions.

The consensus seems to be that the V1-2 suspension tuning is set on comfort, so the ride is very comfortable. Some reviewers inclusively said the V1-2 suspension was even more comfortable than the VZ version set on maximum comfort.

This has put me to rest, as I really wanted to privilege comfort over extreme performance, and was afraid the V1-V2s would be tuned to hard suspension, with no possibility of changing it through DCC. I know this is not the Cupra spirit, but I'm crazy about the Formentor aesthetics and very glad it's a versatile car for all types of riders!

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Having driven both and being a recent owner of a VZ (310hp), the V1 suspension feels similar to the VZ in Comfort mode. The VZ in Individual mode and to the softest setting is softer than the V1 or so it seems to me (the Comfort setting if I remember well from the setting screen is abt 3 scales higher/firmer than the softest setting).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members