No MOT insurance invalid?...LCR

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
im waiting for the crime ref no...the lady didnt give me one on thurs...

i cant believe how quick and easy a hit and run is....if you dont like someone, just hit there car at 1 in morning and let them stump the cash up.....(with no fear of police etc) if i did this i would get caught for sure....

n11tht

Mar 17, 2009
under the bonnet
few things you might want to look into.

ring your insurance company and see if you make a claim will you lose all of your no claims, some company will step you back down to 2 years others will take all 4 years off you. 4 years ncd is normally 65% discount.

you also have to remember that the claim will stay on the policy for 4 years making you a higher risk for that period and the premium you pay higher. you can always go through the insurance and then if the premium at renewal jumps more than the claim was you can buy back the claim off the insurance company, they will remove the claim of your policy and reinstate your no claims discount.

going back to a previous post if you cancel a claim there will not be any note of it on your policy.

who is your insurance company out of interest?

hope this helps, Nath

n11tht

Mar 17, 2009
under the bonnet
Are you sure ???
I would'nt trust the thieving git's

any insurance company with any amount of common sense should delete it from the policy. i always do when i get a policy with a claim on there that shouldnt be. problem tends to be with claims departments being lazy and not removing the claim off the policy

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
With regards to the claim staying on your policy, about a year ago i had a silly cow smack my wing mirror off while coming towards me on a double track at a combined speed of about 100mph, and get this she didn't notice, which i find hard to believe as she was wearing her side window down her front after the impact.....anyway.....went through insurance and she was at fault blah blah, got the car repaired after 9 months! And to cap it of my insurance renewal quote went up £40 as well as the amount a years no claims would have taken off, i asked why and basically they said i am now at i higher risk.....i would like to see how they figure that out in the real world. Needless to say i changed to another insurance company and told them everything and they said it made no difference at all to my policy.

So it seems for some companies its an issue and others it isn't. And these were both well known companies.

Andy

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
few things you might want to look into.

ring your insurance company and see if you make a claim will you lose all of your no claims, some company will step you back down to 2 years others will take all 4 years off you. 4 years ncd is normally 65% discount.

you also have to remember that the claim will stay on the policy for 4 years making you a higher risk for that period and the premium you pay higher. you can always go through the insurance and then if the premium at renewal jumps more than the claim was you can buy back the claim off the insurance company, they will remove the claim of your policy and reinstate your no claims discount.

going back to a previous post if you cancel a claim there will not be any note of it on your policy.

who is your insurance company out of interest?

hope this helps, Nath

cheers nath for telling me that, appreciate it alot..

my premium this year was £485 fully comp, but i guesstimate next year around £785...i reckon the cost of repairs to be at least £1500 including labour, but there is no way in hell i can afford £1500 come Nov 2010.....

Also i never knew about the MIB association that can pay out instead of my own insurance company....

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
yes darren
i deleted my other thread on here cos a few people thought i was whinging lol.....anyway, they never asked me for the MOT, i have a lovely vauxhall corsa (which has taken me 2 weeks to get) too.

The car hasnt been written off like i first feared, although the B pillar was twisted apparantly...i just hope the car isnt compromised now (structurely). The total cost of the damage they estimate at £3500, i needed a new door, the back one will be beaten into shape too.....tbh a couple of good things have come out of this crash i.e, my drivers side (sideskirt) was bowed before the crash but will now be fixed, plus a little scuff and 20p sized dent on the other side too which were both done before the accident....

The completion date is the 17th so well in time for the RR day....

cheers darren for wanting an update...

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Hope it all gets sorted mate.
structurely the car should be fine otherwise they would have writen it off

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.