Noisy standard dv

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Does the standard dv on the cupra make a noise On a standard car? Mine seems to make a loudish noise like a 'tshh' car is on a 58 plate

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
I wouldn't say it's really loud but loud enough to hear it inside and outside the car, sounds pretty cool though, unless it's not ment to make that noise

Poverty

I wouldn't say it's really loud but loud enough to hear it inside and outside the car, sounds pretty cool though, unless it's not ment to make that noise

is it like a high pitched squeeky noise that u can only hear when u give it some?

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Only way i can describe it is it's like a tsss sound when letting off the accelerator, it does it in all gears aswell

Poverty

Only way i can describe it is it's like a tsss sound when letting off the accelerator, it does it in all gears aswell

have you checked your car hasnt got a forge spacer fitted?

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
What do they look like when fitted? Pretty sure i havent though, Could this be a sign of a split dv?

Who else has a dv sound on there standard cupra? Just looking to see if this is normal

Poverty

What do they look like when fitted? Pretty sure i havent though, Could this be a sign of a split dv?

Who else has a dv sound on there standard cupra? Just looking to see if this is normal

if its split it wouldnt drive as good, let me find you a picture

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
No, you can't really hear it when stood still and pressing the pedal its only when you move, i'll see if i can get a little vid of it

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Here are some quick vids,

On this one you'll here it right at the end just before i stop recording

Last edited:

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Wow photobucket does a good job at making the sound sound crap lol

just watched them back on photobucket and you can't evan here it LOL on the proper copy it is quite loud

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
I'd be interested to know how you can tell if they are split or malfunctioning. Any tesys you can do or if it is just sounds etc,etc..

I'm not 100% sure mines fully operational at the moment either.

Ps. Yep photobuck vids don't give much of a clue!!

Silly question is a DV spacer the same as a blow off spacer?

Last edited:

fATCH

Mar 20, 2010
Telford, Shropshire
I know what noise you are on about mate, my car does the same, can only hear it when ur givin it the beans and can only really be heard when your actually listening for it, my cars 59 plate. And i havent changed anything to it at all. It like a dump valve kinda tshh...only a bit feeble.LoL.