Mar 19, 2020
I changed my existing led number plate light as I had an error code on the dash. So I bought canbus error free led bulbs on eBay. I changed them and seemed to work for a minute but after didn’t. Put the old ones back on didn’t work or halogens either. The bulbs flicker for a second then goes off. I checked some of the fuses but couldn’t find a specific one for the number plate light. Is there a specific one I missed or is there something else to it I’m missing? Any help would be appreciated!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Had a flick through the Haynes manual, can't see a fuse listed. I'm not the best at wiring diagrams, but looks like they come straight from the control module.

Mar 19, 2020
Thats what I read on another forum about a module. Is this something that’s going to cost a lot to fix or do you think it’s an easy fix ?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So do both bulbs flicker? Are you sure both bulbs are good? Also, I noticed when I fitted LED's, the LED's were wider than the halogen bulbs. Therefore pushed the contacts out wider. When putting the halogens back in, are they a tight fit with the contacts either side?

Mar 19, 2020
The bulb I try to put on flickers and the led were the same size as the older leds I had. I just pushed the connectors more in to make it tighter and the halogens fit fine

Mar 19, 2020
SOLVED:

I took it to the garage and he figured it out for some bizzare reason the battery just needed to be disconnected and connected. Works spot on now with my new error free led bulbs!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.