OBDeleven modifications

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Simply to say I now have my "PRO" version.

Set up and first software change (the sound actuator volume) made. Looking forward to playing some more.

An awesome piece of kit at a very realistic price.
Turning the sound down has been the biggest plus for me as well.... But tear drop wipers, sun roof one touch open, folding mirrors with single key press and 5'flash indicators also helpful.

Thinking about tinkering with XDS but that is a bit more serious modifying.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dsr

Nov 1, 2014
Norwich
Adjust Consumption Indicator
Select Control unit 17 (Dashboard)
Adaptation
Customize consumption indicator
Basic Degeri 100
Value change 85 (%) and 115 (%) .

My displayed fuel consumption is 5% too optimistic. It shows I am getting about 55 to the gallon when refill measurements show about 52. Do I need to change the OBD value to 95 or 105, please?

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
My displayed fuel consumption is 5% too optimistic. It shows I am getting about 55 to the gallon when refill measurements show about 52. Do I need to change the OBD value to 95 or 105, please?

As a complete guess I'd say 95%.

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
I changed mine to 106 to get it to read realistic figures, it was over reading but about 5.5%

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Guys, i have activated road signs recognition but after few minutes of driving i got a notice "trafic sign recognition restricted". It happen only once, after this the signs shows ok. Is there a way to turn this off or why is this error popping up?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
What we really need is for somebody with a golf clubsport S to use obdeleven to look at the XDS and adaptive damper settings as they are different to the Cupra's, then we can have their 'nurburgring' mode! I assume we could just copy the settings and apply!!

Last edited:

zredarb

Oct 11, 2016
Could someone explain to me what turning down the actuator actually does to the car? My understanding is the actuator is used in the locking system? Sorry still really new to all of this...

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Could someone explain to me what turning down the actuator actually does to the car? My understanding is the actuator is used in the locking system? Sorry still really new to all of this...
Its the fake engine sound that is coming from the speaker under the bonnet. Only cupra and some fr models have this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
My understanding is the actuator is used in the locking system..

There are a few different actuators.

Sound actuator on the cupra for fake engine sound
Fuel flap actuator for locking / unlocking the flap
Turbo actuator - controls the electronic part of the turbo

Etc

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
There are a few different actuators.

Sound actuator on the cupra for fake engine sound
Fuel flap actuator for locking / unlocking the flap
Turbo actuator - controls the electronic part of the turbo

Etc
It's the thing that makes the fake engine noise in the cupra and early FR models.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
What we really need is for somebody with a golf clubsport S to use obdeleven to look at the XDS and adaptive damper settings as they are different to the Cupra's, then we can have their 'nurburgring' mode! I assume we could just copy the settings and apply!!

The Nurburgring XDS settings can be set on VCDS easily. One of first things I did.

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
Is there an idiots guide to using a OBDeleven module? Where do you get it from?

Did some googling, seems simple enough /obdeleven.com/

Last edited:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
The Nurburgring XDS settings can be set on VCDS easily. One of first things I did.

That's news I like to hear! Did they make any perceptible difference or will you have to be 9/10'th before it makes a difference? Also, how did you know what to change it to if you've not seen the Clubsport S settings...unless you have!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
That's news I like to hear! Did they make any perceptible difference or will you have to be 9/10'th before it makes a difference? Also, how did you know what to change it to if you've not seen the Clubsport S settings...unless you have!

Because I was lucky enough to have spent a fair few hours with Jordi Gene on and off the track and he told me about the setting they used at Nurburgring to set the record. So I just went into VCDS and saw there was a setting that wasn't accessible via the cars menu.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Because I was lucky enough to have spent a fair few hours with Jordi Gene on and off the track and he told me about the setting they used at Nurburgring to set the record. So I just went into VCDS and saw there was a setting that wasn't accessible via the cars menu.

If you're ever anywhere near Surrey and happened to want to use VCDS on mine (for beer tokens) then please be my guest!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise