OBDeleven Next Generation

ray

Jan 7, 2016
What’s the differences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Just faster? Thought it might have more functionality or something to make it a slight bit tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denzil

May 2, 2008
South Wales
I haven't got any OBDeleven at the moment so I'll read up on it a bit more.

If the app has the same features for both devices, I'll probably just get the old device.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
It’s supposed to be faster, iOS support (eventually) and it’ll allow more features to be accessible. And the idea is to bring more car manufacturers into play - I believe it may be BMW next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
I suppose the next gen supports new modules.
In my seat 2018 I can’t access all modules with my VCDS Cable, that goes for our 2018 Golf to, (to old VCDS device). I plan to post an order ASAP for obdeleven next gen PRO, have Android :).

Du you think the new modules from 2017 are supported?

/Peter

Last edited:

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Today I phoned a OBDeleven retailer in Sweden regarding if next gen supports ”newer” modules in VAG cars. The guy said: Yes it does.
I have ordered a Next Gen PRO set.

/Peter

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I was hoping for Porsche support but nah, bloody Porsche.

If its gimmick is only its faster wont bother.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Most VCDS resellers will give a trade in value on the older VCDS dongle against the HEX V2 version, although there will be more money in selling it on ebay etc, I played safe and traded mine in against the latest dongle/lead.

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Most VCDS resellers will give a trade in value on the older VCDS dongle against the HEX V2 version, although there will be more money in selling it on ebay etc, I played safe and traded mine in against the latest dongle/lead.

Trade in..... doesn't help me. With no limit of VIN number version it will be to high cost for vcds compared to obd11.

/Peter

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes VIN limited is annoying but I think that all these diagnostic tools are there are going that way. It is a lot less of an issue than I thought, it is only when changing coding that you need to "use" a VIN, so so far I have not used any VINs up and if I need to I'll be charging whoever I'm using a VIN up on to pay for at least the equivalent of that VIN come refresh time - if I ever run out of VINs.

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
…………. if I need to I'll be charging whoever I'm using a VIN up on to pay for at least the equivalent of that VIN come refresh time - if I ever run out of VINs.

That's a method. I have not used obd11 before, I like vcds so I'ts mostly a price matter. Anyway I can exercise with odb11 during Christmas, will have more time then.

/Peter

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
I have used the ODB11 next gen on my Golf 7,5 and Cupra in the weekend. Did some settings. Scanning works on “new” modules, as the “Multi function module”. Very satisfied so far :clap:!

/Peter

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It looks like form the other kangaroo jerking thread that obd11 can reveal the current software issue - VCDS can't do that unless I've missed something - do you agree?

Edit:- or is the last group of 4 numbers in "Component" the S/W issue number?

Last edited:

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
It looks like form the other kangaroo jerking thread that obd11 can reveal the current software issue - VCDS can't do that unless I've missed something - do you agree?

Edit:- or is the last group of 4 numbers in "Component" the S/W issue number?

I messaged OBDeleven support to ask them how this is achieved and they said, in the background the database cross references identical vehicles and their control unit part numbers in their database (from other user scans) and if a higher software version is known to exist it will notify via the app.

Does VCDS have this feature as well?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Not yet or not as far as I know, typically VCDS is used "offline" I think, they don't seem to be pushing their "online" version much these days.

I still don't know if the last group of 4 numbers in "Component" is the S/W issue number though.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise