octopus energy connection issues

Dec 10, 2023
can anyone please help I get so far then get this message.( see image attached) I did have a trial of cupra connect and dont know what firmware I have.

How can I fix this issue has any of you had the same issues or know how to fix the issues?

Thanks Mark

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_212151_energy.octopus.octopusenergy.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_212151_energy.octopus.octopusenergy.android.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 63

PJB

Feb 24, 2024
Hi
I am getting the same too With my Cupra Leon
I have the app but not subscribed - is this required?
What is the latest firmware? I currently have Hardware H56 and software 1803.
Any help would be great
Thanks

Jul 6, 2023
Hi, had exactly the same screen…….untill I renewed my subscription, I am pretty sure it won’t work without the subscription….
As octopus and Cupra talk through the app..
Good luck

PJB

Feb 24, 2024
Thanks Sandiemandie. I have the app and it can see my car - so I need to pay for the full access to Cupra Connect?
Thanks

Jul 6, 2023
I tried to get octopus to connect and control the car without the subscription, and we failed….the second I paid….all joined up and worked……now here comes the fun part…….
Octopus claim to charge less even out of hours when they decide to charge your car……guess what…..nope (not in my case)….except for when it started it at 11pm instead of 11.30pm…..I have an open case with them that they didn’t charge less when charged earlier…..but they just “blame my app”…….so now I just go out and plug it in before bedtime! Tragic……
So now the app is totally pointless……..but you had to go through the talking to each other part to get the tarriff up and running…. Gotta love technology 🤔😀

PJB

Feb 24, 2024
Well - I have paid for subscription to Cupra Connect and guess what…….
it linked almost straight away.
I asked Octopus Energy and this is the reply
’To access the cheap charging rate, you do not need Cupra Connect. The cheap charging rate is available to all Octopus Energy customers who have an electric vehicle and are on our Agile Octopus tariff. You can find more information about the cheap charging rate on our website or by contacting our customer service team.’
Strange it didn’t link before paying :rolleyes::unsure:
I will keep an eye on the charging. If I get problems I will just put the charger into a timer switch (I have the three pin plug charger)
I am now trying to claim the £90 - wish me luck.🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: Sandiemandie
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise