OEM Side Skirts de-bonding / re-fittment advice

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Having had my car serviced and receiving a health check it's been noted that my OEM side skirts that were fitted from new are starting to de-bond on the top lip that sticks to the side of the sill. They are still secure and in no danger of coming away from the car but I would prefer it if there was a seal so crap didn't accumulate inside the skirt.

Pulman SEAT have said they'll happily refit them as that's the garage I bought the car from however I live in Edinburgh and not Sunderland and it would need to be left overnight for the bonding to set. Covid is obviously making the logistics of leaving my car with Pulman difficult. Unfortunately only the part is covered by SEAT's warranty and not the fitment, this is covered by whoever fitted it, which for me is Pulman.

Does anyone know a good body shop in Edinburgh and a rough cost of refitting side skirts? This may cost me less than the trip to Sunderland.

I'd do it myself but don't want to damage the paintwork and not sure what to use to clean up the old bonding materials.

Thanks for any advice.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
I cant help you but i fitted mine genuine blade spoiler with genuine glue and i see on the front not hold the spoiler.
I used clear good old silicon to glue back and work perfect now.
Bit shame the more expensive factory glue so crap.and vw/seat designed so idiotic no screw on the front but another 10x each side where more than enough just 3-4 screws.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I cant help you but i fitted mine genuine blade spoiler with genuine glue and i see on the front not hold the spoiler.
I used clear good old silicon to glue back and work perfect now.
Bit shame the more expensive factory glue so crap.and vw/seat designed so idiotic no screw on the front but another 10x each side where more than enough just 3-4 screws.
Yeah I'm disappointed that the genuine adhesive has only lasted a year. If they are easy to take off without damaging paintwork etc and the current adhesive is easily removed then I'll do it myself. I just don't want to mess my paintwork up.